Barlow to find stars for Diamond Jubilee actsFebruary 29th, 2012 - 7:58 am ICT by IANS
London, Feb 29 (IANS) Singer Gary Barlow is being sent to America by Princes William and Harry to talk with US music stars P. Diddy and Kanye West for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace.
The 41-year-old is trying to recruit them for the event, which will take place outside Buckingham Palace in London June 4 to mark 60 years of the queen being on the throne.
He feels it is important to meet the artists face-to-face to make them feel “more engaged” in the spectacle.
“I’ve got to go to America because some of the requests I have are from the princes, so they’re acts I’ve got to follow up on. I try to meet all the artists because then they feel more engaged, they’re more in tune with what’s going on,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Barlow as saying.
“I know as an artist myself, often you turn up at these events and you don’t really know what they’re for, or what it’s about. It’s so vital that everybody knows how important this event is for Britain. So I’ll try to meet everybody,” he added.
- Archbishop of Canterbury 'lauds Wills-Kat's maturity about married life' - Apr 22, 2011
- Britain's Prince Philip turns 90 - Jun 10, 2011
- Aerosmith bandmates Tyler, Perry performing together in American Idol - May 04, 2011
- Cole, Barlow to perform together at Buckingham Palace? - Jun 03, 2012
- Paris Hilton fancies British 'gentlemen' - Jan 05, 2012
- Wills, Kate's 'balcony kiss' key wedding moment! - Jan 06, 2011
- Wills, Kate wedding memorabilia up for grabs, but sans couple's pics on it - Dec 20, 2010
- Obama's State of the Union Full Text - Jan 26, 2011
- Khloe clueless about Kim, Kanye - Apr 14, 2012
- Wills-Kat wedding 'a chance to re-brand royal family business' - Apr 03, 2011
- All set for Will-Kat wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Prince Philip celebrates his 90th birthday - Jun 11, 2011
- Nicki Minaj finds it hard to trust friends - Feb 26, 2011
- No regrets over X-factor: Nicole Scherzinger - Feb 10, 2012
- America indispensable in world affairs: Obama - Jan 25, 2012