Barlow awarded OBEJune 17th, 2012 - 4:07 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 17 (IANS) Singer Gary Barlow has been awarded an Order of the British Empire (OBE) by Queen Elizabeth for his services to the entertainment industry and charity.
His work was praised after he organised Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee concert, to mark her 60 years on the throne.
“I’m absolutely thrilled and feel very privileged to be in the company of so many brilliant people who I know have received an OBE. Growing up I never dreamt that one day I’d be getting one myself,”femalefirst.co.uk quoted the the 41-year old as saying.
“I enjoy every minute of the work I do, with a lot of it being a reward in itself, so for somebody to decide I should get recognised for that is just amazing,” he added.
- Barlow's Diamond Jubilee hangover - Sep 10, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth to honour Gary Barlow - Jun 10, 2012
- Mel B regrets missing Queen's celebrations - Jun 06, 2012
- 'X-Factor' judges take dig at Barlow - Jun 07, 2012
- Prince Charles' humour fantastic: Barlow - Jun 04, 2012
- Jessie J wants to change transvestite look - May 30, 2012
- Barlow to find stars for Diamond Jubilee acts - Feb 29, 2012
- Brook plans tea party to celebrate diamond jubilee - Jun 04, 2012
- Prince Charles' tribute to his 'mama' on her diamond jubilee celebrations - Jun 01, 2012
- Coldplay, Gaga to perform at charity concert - Sep 15, 2011
- Adele, Cowell paint portraits for Queen - Apr 09, 2012
- Barlow to organise Queen Elizabeth II's birthday bash - May 09, 2010
- Take That star Gary Barlow to organize Queen's 85th b'day bash? - May 10, 2010
- Queen's diamond jubilee celebration kicks off - Jun 02, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth hosts diamond jubilee lunch - May 20, 2012