Barker treats live show as battle groundJuly 6th, 2012 - 6:16 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 6 (IANS) Musician Travis Barker, best known as the drummer for the band Blink-182, says before playing music he prepares himself like he is going for a fight.
“It’s like you’re getting ready for a fight. I lock myself in my room, warm myself up for an hour and go out there and do the damn thing. I always play like I could die out there and give it my all. And there’s only three of us up there - it’s an awesome feeling,” Barker told RedBulletin magazine.
Travis plays with his fellow band members Tom DeLonge and Mark Hoppus.
The 36-year-old enjoyed his last European trip and added that such festivals do not happen in the US.
“I really enjoyed our last trip to Europe. It was crazy playing for 200,000 people. It’s insane. You don’t have festivals like that in the US. Rock is alive and kicking ass in Europe. It’s bigger than ever. It’s like the ocean you can see people for days,” he said.
- Blink-182 struggles after DJ AM's death - Aug 31, 2009
- Blink 182's Summer Tour - May 16, 2009
- Metallica voted most influential band - Jun 01, 2011
- Autopsy results inconclusive on DJ AM - Sep 01, 2009
- Shocked Blink 182 pulls out of concert - Sep 01, 2009
- Curtains down on Gulmarg fest, Highway 61 steals the show - Mar 12, 2012
- I've always been a tomboy: Biel - Sep 02, 2012
- Folk, rock, fusion music in Manali's cool air - Jun 02, 2012
- Lady Gaga loves the sitar: Fateh Ali Khan (With Images) - Jun 03, 2012
- Travis Barker, Shanna Moakler head for splitsville again - Apr 03, 2009
- Pete Wentz forming new band Black Cards - Jul 02, 2010
- French people are insane: Rihanna - Sep 04, 2012
- Pink Floyd may reunite for charity - Oct 16, 2010
- 'Band Baaja...' is a delightful, pleasant rom-com (Hindi Film Review, Rating: ****) - Dec 12, 2010
- Ghosal goes down fighting in Punj Lloyd Squash - Dec 15, 2011