‘Barfee’ not a serious film, says RanbirOctober 31st, 2011 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 31 (IANS) Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor, who is currently promoting “Rockstar”, clears the air about his next venture “Barfee”, saying it is a romantic-comedy set in 1970s and not a serious film.
“It is not a special character, people are just blowing it out of proportion. The treatment to the character and film is not serious at all. It is a romantic-comedy which has been set in 1970s. My character is very fun-loving (awaara types),” Ranbir told IANS.
The actor plays a deaf and dumb person, Priyanka will be seen as a mentally-challenged girl and Ileana D’Cruz will be seen as a narrator.
Ranbir says people are perceiving it as a serious film because Anurag Basu is helming it.
“But he (Basu) is completely a child at heart. It has been fun working with him and also teaming up with Priyanka (Chopra) after ‘Anjana Anjani’. She is very fun loving and professional at the same time. It is a treat to work with her. She is very talented. And also Ilena D’Cruz is amazing,” he added.
Asked if he had to go through any special training for the film, he said: “I didn’t really have to go through any special training drill. I had assisted in the film ‘Black’, where I got an opportunity to learn sign language.”
Ranbir Kapoor was the assistant director to Sanjay Leela Bhansali in the “Black”.
- 'Barfi!' to hit screens July 13 (With Image) - Jan 05, 2012
- My role in 'Barfee' is by far the most challenging: Priyanka - May 10, 2011
- 'Barfee' crew moved by Ranbir, Ileana emotional act - Jan 03, 2012
- Ranbir Kapoor sings a song for 'Barfi' - Sep 10, 2012
- Ranbir assures 'no disability' in 'Barfi' - Jul 03, 2012
- 'Barfi!' gets U-certificate, Anurag Basu excited - Sep 02, 2012
- 'Barfi' not a silent film, says Anurag Basu - Jul 04, 2012
- 'Barfi' was like dumb charades for me, says Ranbir Kapoor - Sep 01, 2012
- Ranbir deaf-mute but happy-go-lucky in 'Barfee' - Apr 13, 2011
- Dad's passion inspires Ranbir to do better work - Jan 30, 2012
- Ranbir to watch Messi in action in Kolkata - Aug 20, 2011
- Ranbir sings live for Gurgaon fans - Sep 13, 2012
- Charming, pure, 'Barfi!' a modern masterpiece (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ****) - Sep 14, 2012
- More than awards, Ranbir wants lot of people to see 'Barfi!' - Sep 13, 2012
- Ileana turns taxi driver in new film (With Image) - Jun 30, 2012
Tags: 1970s, anjani, assistant director, awaara, child at heart, dumb person, narrator, New Delhi, oct 31, priyanka chopra, proportion, ranbir, rockstar, romantic comedy, sanjay leela bhansali, sign language