Barack Obama And Jon Stewart Face-Off On Comedy CentralOctober 28th, 2010 - 8:46 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Oct 28, (THAINDIAN NEWS) In what came as a real shocker for the viewers of Comedy Central on Wednesday, President Barack Obama appeared on ‘The Daily Show’ hosted by Jon Stewart. Considering that this was the first appearance by the American President after becoming the president, the audience were in for a real treat. The President touched upon some of the most sensitive topics regarding his administration but ensured that it was limited to the casual discussions and the jokes by the host. In a rather hilarious moment the President while talking about Lawrence Summers said that he had done a ‘heckuva’ job, to which Jon Stewart was quick to point that he should not be saying the word. The obvious reference was to former President George W Bush, who used a similar terminology.
Jon Stewart did not, however, let go of the opportunities to make a dig at the President. It was also probably the first time in recent history that the President was called ‘dude’ on a talk show. President Barack Obama defended his healthcare reform that Jon Stewart called ‘timid’, in spite of the rather derogatory adjective, the President was seen retaining his composure and sense of humor during the entire length of the interview.
Last year President Barack Obama became the first sitting US President to appear on the ‘Tonight Show With Jay Leno’. Many experts feel that his unconventional approach towards the media could be helpful in the long run. The interview with Jon Stewart went on longer than the network officials expected and thus the funny introduction of the President by the host was cut.
- Obama says would like to run more pragmatic campaigns - Oct 28, 2010
- Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show" Features President Barack Obama As Special Guest - Oct 28, 2010
- Jimmy Kimmel to host White House Press dinner - Nov 01, 2011
- Jon Stewart Appears On "The O'Reilly Factor" - Feb 04, 2010
- Obama to appear on TV with 'American Idol' host in last attempt to woo youth ahead of polls - Nov 02, 2010
- Jon Stewart Comes Face-To-Face With Bill O'Reilly In "The O'Reilly Factor" - Feb 05, 2010
- Indian American actor Kal Penn to host Obama nomination meet - Sep 04, 2012
- US defends TV host's `satirical' comments on Golden Temple - Jan 24, 2012
- US President Barack Obama is a guest on the 'Daily show' - Oct 28, 2010
- Weakened US, a laughing stock of the world : Trump - Apr 18, 2011
- Jon Stewart says Rally to Restore Sanity not in response to Beck's Restoring Honor rally - Oct 02, 2010
- Rick Sanchez Fired From CNN For Calling Jon Stewart A "Bigot" - Oct 02, 2010
- Jon Stewart lashes out at Chris Wallace - Jun 20, 2011
- Jon Stewart pips Barack Obama to 'Most Influential Man' title in poll - Oct 27, 2010
- Gaddafi's death a warning to others: Obama - Oct 26, 2011
Tags: adjective, american president, barack obama, composure, daily show, face off, first appearance, george w bush, healthcare reform, hilarious moment, jay leno, jon stewart, lawrence summers, network officials, president george w bush, recent history, sense of humor, shocker, tonight show with jay leno, unconventional approach