Banderas praises wife for kicking drug habitApril 12th, 2010 - 3:30 am ICT by IANS
London, April 12 (IANS) Hollywood actor Antonio Banderas has praised his wife Melanie Griffith for showing courage in her ongoing battle with addiction.
“The Mask of Zorro” star married Griffith in 1996, but their marriage was rocked in 2007 when the former drug addict became dependent on prescription pills which she was given after a skiing accident, reports imdb.com.
Griffith was admitted to rehab in 2009 and has now kicked her drug habit.
Banderas admits it’s a daily struggle for his wife to stay “clean”, but he’s proud she has overcome her problems
“(She) was and is an addict. Her problem was the pills she took after an accident when she had been clean for many years. It is a struggle she handles very well,” he said.
“It is a battle she’s keeping up because she’s a very cheerful and strong woman,” he added.
- Antonio Banderas praises wife for kicking drug habit - Apr 12, 2010
- Melanie Griffith recovers from drug addiction - Aug 01, 2011
- Griffith gaga over husband Banderas - Apr 23, 2010
- Melanie Griffith in rehab again - Aug 25, 2009
- Melanie Griffith joined rehab to 'stay sober', says Antonio Banderas - Sep 10, 2009
- Rehab for Melanie Griffith - Aug 25, 2009
- Melanie Griffith Checks In To Rehab - Aug 25, 2009
- Rehabilitation for Melanie Griffith again - Aug 25, 2009
- Melanie Griffith checks into rehab for 'health' - Aug 25, 2009
- Antonio Banderas is a lucky man - Apr 25, 2010
- Sarah Harding was addicted to sleeping pills - Jan 07, 2012
- Carrie Fisher snorted cocaine on 'Star Wars' set - Oct 12, 2010
- Mexican actor to be the new Zorro - Feb 18, 2012
- Melanie Griffith uses Antonio Banderas' cologne - May 13, 2010
- Kicking booze, drug habit was like "getting out of prison": Melanie Griffith - Apr 16, 2010
Tags: accident reports, actor antonio banderas, addiction, antonio banderas, courage, daily struggle, drug addict, drug habit, hollywood, hollywood actor, london, marriage, mask, melanie griffith, prescription pills, skiing, strong woman, wife melanie, zorro