Banas Star Trek role more cameo than centralFebruary 7th, 2008 - 3:28 pm ICT by admin
Melbourne, Feb 7 (ANI): Eric Bana’s role in the new Star Trek movie will be more a cameo than a central villain in the form of Captain Nero.
And, the news comes straight from the horses mouth itself.
The actor told The Herald Sun that he had not even looked at the size of the part before when it came to saying yes to the role, as J.J. Abrams was helming the pic.
“It’s just a great character, it’s J.J. Abrams. It’s a really well-written script, great part. Couldn’t say no. I don’t actually look at the size of parts ever,” Moviehole.net quoted him, as telling the paper.
Chris Pine, Bruce Greenwood, Anton Yelchin, Zoe Saldana, Leonard Nimoy and Winona Ryder are all set to star in the pic.
Pine has been picked to star as the new Captain Kirk.
Bruce Greenwood stars as Christopher Pike, the original Enterprise captain in JJ Abrams’ new ‘Star Trek’ movie.
Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy will both be playing Mr. Spock, while Saldana will be playing Uhura, the communications officer on the USS Enterprise.
Ryder will be starring as the Vulcan mother of a young Spock.
Yelchin will be playing Pavel Chekov, a Russian Starfleet officer.
Abrams is also producing “Star Trek” through his Paramount-based Bad Robot shingle.
The movie will revolve around the crew’s early days at Starfleet Academy,
Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci wrote the screenplay and will exec produce alongside Bryan Burk and Damon Lindelof.
The film is set for a Christmas Day 2008 release. (ANI)
- Hemsworth, Hemsworth Jr. join JJ Abrams' 'Star Trek' cast - Nov 15, 2007
- Bruce Greenwood joins JJ Abrams' 'Star Trek' cast - Nov 14, 2007
- Winona Ryder joins JJ Abrams' 'Star Trek' cast - Nov 14, 2007
- 'Star Trek' sequel gets title? - Sep 11, 2012
- Chris Pine to be the new Captain Kirk? - Nov 14, 2007
- Simon Pegg to play Scotty in JJ Abrams' 'Star Trek' - Nov 14, 2007
- Eric Bana to play 'Star Trek' baddie Nero - Nov 14, 2007
- JJ Abrams' 'Star Trek' budget upped to $150-160 million - Nov 14, 2007
- Karl Urban to be Leonard "Bones" McCoy in JJ Abrams' 'Star Trek' - Nov 14, 2007
- Leonard Nimoy Will Be Retiring From Acting - Apr 22, 2010
- Chris Pine to be new Captain Kirk in JJ Abrams' 'Star Trek' - Nov 14, 2007
- Zoe Saldana to join cast of 'Infinitely Polar Bear' - Jun 18, 2011
- William Shatner not reprising 'Star Trek' role - Sep 24, 2010
- Leonard Nimoy won't reprise Spock role in next Star Trek movie - Apr 21, 2010
- Abrams set to discuss Start Trek sequel with Shatner over lunch - Oct 21, 2009
Tags: alex kurtzman, anton yelchin, bad robot, bruce greenwood stars, bryan burk, central melbourne, damon lindelof, eric bana, j j abrams, jj abrams, leonard nimoy, mr spock, new star trek movie, pavel chekov, roberto orci, star trek role, starfleet academy, starfleet officer, winona ryder, zoe saldana