Ban on Nikita liftedSeptember 15th, 2011 - 3:12 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Sep 15 (IANS) The ban on Kannada actress Nikita Thukral has been revoked by the Kannada Film Producers Association (KFPA) Thursday.
The KFPA had banned her for three years for creating problems in her co-star Darshan’s married life.
The KFPA’s decision was criticised by women’s right activists and the actress, who received support from actors like Shivaraj Kumar, Raghavendra Raj Kumar and Duniya Vijay, was confident that the truth will prevail.
Nikita issued a statement Wednesday night and said that grave injustice has been done to her by imposing a ban on her.
“I am not somebody who wants publicity from injustice done to me…what my family, friends and fans think about me really matters. Everybody knows that what happened is a grave injustice… banning me for an act which I am not even aware of or responsible for,” she said in the statement.
“I would not like to justify myself because the truth is apparent. I am really hurt by the entire situation and I would not like to comment any further. I thank at this point everyone who stood by me, especially my fans, artists, and the industry, which has always been family to me, thank you.”
Nikita’s supporters list also includes National Award winning actress Tara and former president of the Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce Jayamala, who criticised the KFPA’s decision to ban her.
Meanwhile, actor Darshan, who has been arrested for assaulting and threatening his wife Vijayalakshmi, applied for bail Wednesday but the hearing of the case has been postponed till Sep 19.
The actor was sent to 14 days’ judicial custody Friday, but after spending a night in Parappana Agrahara jail in east Bangalore he has been shifted to a hospital for treatment of suspected jaundice.
- I'm relieved, says Nikita after ban is lifted - Sep 15, 2011
- Actress Nikita Thukral banned for 3 years for having affair with co-star - Sep 14, 2011
- Kannada actor denied bail in wife assault case - Sep 13, 2011
- Kannada actor awaits bail in wife beating case - Sep 14, 2011
- Kannada actor Darshan denied bail in wife assault case - Sep 20, 2011
- Hearing on Kannada actor's bail plea after two weeks (Lead) - Sep 22, 2011
- Kannada actor back in jail for wife assault - Sep 21, 2011
- Most hurting decision, says Nikitha after being banned - Sep 11, 2011
- Kannada actor, wife apologise to Kannadigas - Oct 09, 2011
- High court grants conditional bail to Kannada actor - Oct 07, 2011
- Kannada actor Darshan arrested, jailed for 'assaulting' wife - Sep 09, 2011
- Kannada actor not to be arrested in Sabarimala case - Nov 15, 2010
- Jayalalithaa reappears in court in assets case - Oct 21, 2011
- High security for Jayalalithaa's court appearance Thursday - Oct 19, 2011
- Yeddyurappa stays in jail, bail hearing Nov 8 - Nov 04, 2011
Tags: actress tara, co star, darshan, duniya, family friends, film chamber, film producers, former president, grave injustice, jayamala, judicial custody, kannada film, karnataka film, kfpa, married life, nikita, producers association, raj kumar, vijay, vijayalakshmi