‘Balika Vadhu’ to take five year leapJune 24th, 2010 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 24 (IANS) Popular TV show “Balika Vadhu”, based on child marriage, will soon take a five year leap with young actors Avika Gor and Avinash Mukherjee being replaced with elder actors.
The channel is still contemplating as to who would play the grown up leads, said a press statement.
A marked change will be seen in the character of Anandi, popularised by Avika, as she will go through a complete makeover - from a chirpy child bride to a poised young woman.
This leap in the story is expected to happen around mid-July.
“Balika Vadhu” became the most popular show as soon as it was launched on Colors in 2008. It started by depicting child bride Anandi, who is married off to an equally young boy Jagdish. The girl is thus unable to have a joyful childhood and is bound by her in-laws’ customs instead.
- Jamshedpur girl to replace Avika Gor in 'Balika Vadhu' - Jun 26, 2010
- Pratyusha Banerjee steps in as Anandi on 'Balika Vadhu' - Jul 22, 2010
- Shashank Vyas steps in as Jagiya on 'Balika Vadhu' - Aug 03, 2010
- I always dreamt of doing Anandi's role: Pratyusha Banerjee (Interview) - Jul 23, 2010
- 'Ballika Vadhu' To Grow Up: Avika Gor To Leave Popular Serial - Jun 26, 2010
- Young to old overnight - generational leaps back on TV - Jun 29, 2010
- Age no bar to Avika Gor for essaying new roles - Jul 28, 2012
- Dadisa wants a new bride for Jagdish - May 15, 2010
- Ekta Kapoor to appear on Madhavan's game show? (TV Snippets) - Jul 09, 2010
- Anandi, Jagdish to grow up? - Apr 14, 2010
- Popular TV shows take generational leap, child actors to go - May 30, 2009
- Juvenile Changes: Popular Kids In Sri Krishna and Uttaran To Go, Balika Vadhu Will Remain Unchanged - May 30, 2009
- Meet New Anandi In Tonight's Episode Of 'Balika Vadhu' - Jul 22, 2010
- 'Balika Vadhu' celebrates 1,000th episode - May 15, 2012
- 'Balika Vadhu' celebrates its 1,000th episode - May 15, 2012