‘Balika Vadhu’ celebrates 1,000th episodeMay 15th, 2012 - 2:36 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 15 (IANS) Anjum Farooqi, who plays Gauri in Colors’ show “Balika Vadhu”, said she feels great to be associated with a show, which has completed 1,000 episodes.
“I feel great to be associated with ‘Balika Vadhu’. It is such a privilege to be associated with a cult show like this. I could never imagine that I would be part of such a show,” Anjum said Monday.
“Balika Vadhu” was first aired July 21, 2008 and the main story revolves around Anandi, now played by Pratyusha Banerjee. In the show her husband Jagdish leaves her and marries Gauri, played by Anjum.
The actress says she is glad that the audiences have accepted her character.
“I am really glad that the audience has accepted my character. I was very reluctant to take on this role. The audience knew and loved Anandi and Jagdish and this was a challenge for me,” she said.
The entire cast of “Balika Vadhu”, except Surekha Sikri, who plays Dadisa, were present at the event, where Laxmi Sargara, a victim of child marriage, was also felicitated.
Married when she was only a year old, Sargara has now legally annulled her marriage.
Talking about her shooting experiences with her co-star Shashank Vyas, she said that both of them have high tempers and that they often end up arguing in reality.
“Shashank and I fight on the sets many times. While pretending to fight during our scenes, we sometimes start fighting in reality. Our tempers are so high at that time that we fight even if the other person makes a silly mistake,” she said.
Smita Bansal and Anup Soni too feature in the show as Anandi’s in laws.
- 'Balika Vadhu' celebrates its 1,000th episode - May 15, 2012
- 'Balika Vadhu' puts forth reality well: Farida Jalal - May 12, 2012
- Shashank Vyas steps in as Jagiya on 'Balika Vadhu' - Aug 03, 2010
- Balika Vadhu's Pratyusha Banerjee Could Have Been A Singer - Sep 24, 2010
- Jagya-Anandi continue their separation - Aug 25, 2010
- Pratyusha Banerjee too skinny to look vulgar! - Jun 13, 2012
- Balika Vadhu: Will Anandi Be Able To Get Over Her Pain? - Dec 10, 2010
- Jamshedpur girl to replace Avika Gor in 'Balika Vadhu' - Jun 26, 2010
- Small screen's Anandi glams up for 'Jhalak…' (With Image) - May 23, 2012
- I always dreamt of doing Anandi's role: Pratyusha Banerjee (Interview) - Jul 23, 2010
- Balika Vadhu: New Girl In Jagiya's Life - Oct 21, 2010
- Dadisa wants a new bride for Jagdish - May 15, 2010
- Pratyusha Banerjee steps in as Anandi on 'Balika Vadhu' - Jul 22, 2010
- Very few shows complete 1,000 episodes: Smita on 'Balika Vadhu' - May 13, 2012
- 'Chhote Miyan' gives joy to Mahima (TV Snippets) - Feb 24, 2012