Bale squeezed writers for lead role in ‘Terminator Salvation’May 12th, 2009 - 1:23 am ICT by IANS
London, May 11 (IANS) British actor Christian Bale forced writers of the upcoming “Terminator Salvation” to rework the script to give him a bigger role as he was determined to play the lead John Connor in the film.
Contactmusic.com reports that Bale was originally offered the role of the mysterious Terminator Marcus Wright in the upcoming sequel, but the “The Dark Knight” star turned the part down insisting he would only play Connor in the sci-fi film.
John Connor featured in all three previous “Terminator” movies but was only set for a brief appearance in the latest outing, so writers were ordered to revamp the script to give Bale a bigger chunk.
“A lot of the work was integrating (Connor) into scenes…and having that feel integral and sensible, as opposed to grafted on just because there was a star in the part,” scriptwriter John Brancato said.
The movie hits cinemas May 21.
- Christian Bale forced writers to re-do 'Terminator Salvation' script - May 12, 2009
- Matt Damon to join sci-fi movie 'Elysium'? - Dec 14, 2010
- Charlize Theron to star in 'Prometheus'? - Feb 14, 2011
- Sam Worthington to portray Allan Quartermain - May 14, 2010
- Scarlett Johansson To Play A Sexual Predator In Her Next Film - Nov 06, 2010
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in another Terminator film? - Feb 16, 2011
- Now, Sriram Raghavan dabbles in sci-fi - Mar 21, 2012
- Anton Yelchin in talks for Terminator Salvation - Mar 20, 2008
- Bullock to replace Portman in 'Gravity'? - Oct 08, 2010
- Hollywood scored high with fantasies, action in India (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 27, 2010
- Justin Timberlake hurts his leg on film set - Dec 04, 2010
- My father is fine now, says Sonakshi Sinha - Jul 20, 2012
- Has Bollywood Finally Entered The Sci -Fi Age of Hollywood? - May 27, 2010
- Freida Pinto in 'Planet Of The Apes' prequel - Jun 24, 2010
- 'Bunty Aur Babli' in English to be quirkier - Jul 25, 2012