Bale spoke in secret language on ‘The Fighter’ setsJanuary 22nd, 2011 - 9:17 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 22 (IANS) Christian Bale has revealed that he spoke in secret language with former boxer Dicky Eklund, who the actor plays in his new film “The Fighter”.Bale portrays former drug addicted boxer Dicky Eklund in the new movie and says they spent so much time together working on the role that he learnt the former sportsman’s own language, reports femalefirst.co.uk..
“Wherever Dicky goes, he’s like the mayor of the streets. He’s one of the funniest guys I’ve ever come across. He’s got his own language he calls Dickinese, where he has different words for everything. I learned the whole thing so we could communicate,” said Bale.
“It was great because Dicky and I could talk on the set and nobody would have any idea what we were saying,” he added.
- Christian Bale prepared himself hard for 'Fighter' role - Dec 26, 2010
- Bale stopped from doing own stunts in 'The Fighter' - Jan 19, 2011
- Review Of ‘The Fighter’: It Can Knock You Out! - Dec 11, 2010
- 'The Fighter': More than a mere boxing film (IANS Film Review, Rating: ****) - Feb 27, 2011
- Christian Bale wins Golden Globe for supporting role in 'The Fighter' - Jan 17, 2011
- Christian Bale ate just apples for 'The Fighter' role - Feb 27, 2011
- Christian Bale Wins Early Golden Globe for 'Fighter' - Jan 17, 2011
- Christian Bale wins fight for best supporting actor Oscar - Feb 28, 2011
- Finding new cuss words for 'The Fighter' was difficult: Amy Adams - Feb 09, 2011
- Facebook film 'The Social Network' gets lion's share of honours - Dec 04, 2010
- Mark Wahlberg not bitter about missing out on best actor Oscar nod - Jan 27, 2011
- Christen Bale says losing weight for films is horrible - Jan 07, 2011
- Amy Adams And Christian Bale Receive Praises For "The Fighter" - Dec 13, 2010
- Christian Bale loses weight for his new druggie role - Jul 15, 2009
- Colin Firth And Natalie Portman Won The 2011 Screen Actors’ Guild Awards (SAG) - Jan 31, 2011