Bale praised by real life FBI agent’s family for Public Enemies roleJune 24th, 2009 - 5:53 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jun 24 (ANI): ‘The Dark Knight’ star Christian Bale has earned himself praise from the family of the real life FBI agent he portrayed in his new movie ‘Public Enemies’.
Bale, 35, plays Agent Melvin Purvis, the man who tracked down legendary 1930s bank robber John Dillinger, who is portrayed by Johnny Depp in the movie.
Bale spent time with Purvis’ relatives in preparation for the role and even visited the late law enforcer’s grave with his son Alston, who was delighted with the on-screen results.
“Bale had my father’s mannerisms and accent down to the exact detail. He is a superb actor. He wanted to see my family home in South Carolina. We went to the cemetery to see my father’s grave,” Contactmusic quoted Alston as saying. (ANI)
- Depp talks about role in 'Public Enemies' - Nov 03, 2009
- Johnny Depp Plays John Dillinger In "Public Enemies" - Jul 02, 2009
- HBO Airs Michael Mann's "Public Enemies" - Jul 11, 2010
- De Niro tops on screen death list - Dec 29, 2010
- Bale in talks to join Depp in Public Enemies - Jan 12, 2008
- Depp says 'Public Enemies' role is a salute to his scoundrel granddad - Jun 04, 2009
- Depp loved scary movies as a kid - May 15, 2012
- Robert De Niro tops list of most onscreen deaths - Dec 29, 2010
- Johnny Depp was fond of 'The Lone Ranger' character Tonto - May 10, 2011
- Johnny Depp to do a cameo in 'Family Guy' - Jul 12, 2012
- Keith Richards in next 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' movie - Oct 19, 2010
- Sizzling Johnny Depp In 'The Tourist' Trailer Makes Waves - Sep 16, 2010
- Depp wanted his parents to split - Oct 29, 2011
- Johnny Depp likes wearing skirts - Feb 27, 2010
- Paradis in pain after split with Depp - Aug 14, 2012
Tags: 1930s, accent, alston, bank robber, christian bale, dark knight, exact detail, fbi, fbi agent, john dillinger, johnny depp, jun 24, law enforcer, mannerisms, melvin purvis, public enemies, relatives, south carolina