Baldwin loses case against CostnerJune 18th, 2012 - 10:47 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 18 (IANS) Actor Stephen Baldwin has lost a multi-million dollar case against actor Kevin Costner.
Baldwin accused Costner of cheating him and his business partner in a deal to sell oil clean-up devices to British Petroleum after 2010’s Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
The case was settled in front of a federal jury in Louisiana who, after two hours of deliberation, rejected Baldwin’s claim for more than $17m in damages.
Later Baldwin and his attorney issued a statement expressing their disappointment at jury’s decision, but said that he respected their choice.
Meanwhile, Costner expressed his gratitude to the jury and said getting his name cleared was more important than money.
- Legal fight between Kevin Costner and Stephen Baldwin over BP deal for oil spill clean-up device - Jun 05, 2012
- Baldwin slaps suit on Costner over BP oil spill share scam - Dec 24, 2010
- Kevin Costner to help in Gulf of Mexico oil slick clean up efforts - May 14, 2010
- BP bosses purchase Costner equipment to filter oil - Jun 16, 2010
- Kevin Costner presents 'a partial solution' to Gulf oil spill - Jun 10, 2010
- Kevin Costner Claims That His Company's Dream Machine Will Effectively Tackle The Oil Spill In The Gulf Of Mexico - Jun 20, 2010
- Kevin Costner's Dream Machine To Clean BP Oil Spill - Jun 20, 2010
- Baldwin forms cleanup crew to aid oil spill victims - Aug 29, 2010
- Gulf Oil Spill: Tar Balls Wash Up On Shore - May 16, 2010
- Kevin Costner's machine could help clean up Gulf oil spill - May 20, 2010
- Louisiana voters rate Bush better than Obama - Jun 17, 2010
- BP sues Cameron, Deepwater Horizon owner Transocean over Gulf of Mexico oil spill - Apr 21, 2011
- Sandra Bullock locked in battle over Gulf spill PSA video - Jul 31, 2010
- US opens criminal probe into Gulf of Mexico oil spill - Jun 02, 2010
- Sandra Bullock Quits From Gulf Restoration Video - Aug 01, 2010
Tags: actor kevin costner, british petroleum, business partner, damages, deliberation, disappointment, federal jury, gratitude, gulf of mexico, gulf of mexico oil, gulf of mexico oil spill, kevin costner, louisiana, money, stephen baldwin