Baldwin banned from Philippines after sex remarks

May 26th, 2009 - 12:36 am ICT by IANS  

London, May 25 (IANS) American film and TV actor Alec Baldwin has been banned from entering the Philippines in spite of publicly apologising for joking about sex trafficking in the country.
The country’s Bureau of Immigration has closed its borders to the star, it said in a statement, reports hollywood.com.

Phillipines Immigration Commissioner Marcelino Libanan said: “By being on the bureau’s blacklist, Baldwin is forbidden from entering the country as he is deemed an undesirable alien.”

The actor incurred the wrath of authorities in the Philippines after he told TV host David Letterman during an interview last week that he was contemplating paying for a “Filipino mail-order bride” to father more children.

On May 20, he took to his blog on the Huffington Post website to apologise for making light of the grave matter and wrote: “I apologise for the perceived insensitivity of that remark.”

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |

Subscribe