Back to future - with digital, classic leggingsApril 12th, 2011 - 12:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 12 (IANS) Heavy digital patterns, ethnic and futuristic styles, flower motifs and shiny crystals — designers at the just concluded Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) showcased leggings in various varieties, making it the next big trend in the fashion world.
Designers like Rajesh Pratap Singh, Varun Bahl, Alpana-Neeraj, Gaurav Gupta, Kallol Datta and label Virtues showcased leggings in digital patterns and classic designs.
“The 1950s trends are very much in and this is the reason why digital leggings were used to meet the bling factor and add that extra zing to the collection,” designer Puja Arya told IANS.
Delhi-based designer Rajesh Pratap Singh’s edgy collection teamed perfectly with leggings in shiny crystals and stones, creating a glamorous look.
Varun Bahl showcased a wide range of shift dresses and tunics with leggings which teamed well with hot pants. Designer Neeru Kumar, who flagged off WIFW, added charm to her collection with black printed leggings, whereas Mumbai-based designer Kallol Datta opted for black digital leggings.
According to designer Raj Shroff, this trend is very much in demand as they not only look glamorous but also give you the option to mix and match.
“The latest fashion trends have definitely brought leggings to the next level, offering countless ways to sport and match different clothing items. It was nice to see designers showcasing stunning combinations inspired by contemporary arts and architectural elements,” said Shroff.
Kolkata-based designer Nil of Dev R Nil believes that both haute couture and street style are adopting this trend due to its pragmatic as well as aesthetic effect.
“Digital leggings are easy to mix and match and also, a bright digital print brightens up a dull outfit. One can update the wardrobe with dashing acquisitions that will not only boost confidence but also create a style of its own,” said Nil.
“However, one has to be careful that since it’s a ’statement piece’, one should not go overboard with the accessorisation and footwear and keep them toned down, in case you are going for a bright digital legging.”
Leggings, especially in digital prints, are one of the trendiest fashion items. Although they were in vogue for the last few years, these extremely chic and versatile pieces of clothes can still bring an exciting, new air to urban fashion.
Also, as the summer approaches, haute couture styles as well as casual and classic designs can be teamed up perfectly with leggings.
“One can add spice in their wardrobe with a glamorous new acquisition in groovy colours and geometric patterns. Also, girls can use their imagination to create dozens of different tasteful outfits for everyday wear and casual occasions as well. Team it up with long tees, mini dresses or tunics to create a chic urban look,” said designer Ankita Chaudhary.
Apart from these sophisticated leggings, designers like Rahul Mishra, Anand Kabra, Anita Dongre and James Ferreira matched up their collection with stockings in pink and black hues, making it one of the checkout trends of the year.
(Nivedita Sharma can be contacted at email@example.com)
- When fashion went boho and vintage (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 16, 2011
- Chic outfits in bold avtars to dominate 2012 - Jan 01, 2012
- 63 designers finalised for WIFW spring/summer edition - Sep 14, 2012
- A bit of Kanjivaram, dollops of vintage clothes at WIFW (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 05, 2011
- Varun Bahl presents edgy, unconventional line at WIFW - Apr 06, 2011
- Givenchi’s Extreme Art And Chanel’s Casual Collection At Spring Summer 2011 Haute Couture - Jan 26, 2011
- Designers happy as business takes front seat at WIFW (Review) - Apr 11, 2011
- A grandeur opening by Varun Bahl for DCW - Aug 09, 2012
- Buyers' resolute thumbs up to Delhi Couture Week (Review) - Jul 26, 2011
- Get set for the comeback of satin! - Feb 26, 2012
- WIFW: Celebrating 60 years of Indo-Japan ties through fashion - Feb 18, 2012
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- This fashion week was more about creativity than business (Review) - Feb 20, 2012
- Kallol Datta, Pankaj-Nidhi to present LFW grand finale - May 24, 2012
- Waistlines rose, beaded pieces ruled Indian fashion (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 24, 2010
Tags: added charm, aesthetic effect, alpana, architectural elements, crystals and stones, datta, digital patterns, fashion world, flower motifs, gaurav gupta, haute couture, india fashion week, kallol, latest fashion trends, leggings, rajesh pratap singh, stunning combinations, varun bahl, wills lifestyle india fashion week, world designers