Bachchans’ Unforgettable to tour IndiaDecember 19th, 2008 - 12:38 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 18 (IANS) After wowing north American and European audiences, the Bachchan family will go on stage in India with their ‘Unforgettable’ tour.Confirms Amitabh Bachchan, “We’re working on it. The details are yet to be worked out. Wizcraft is handling the project.”
The show’s first lap will cover the four metros Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi and Kolkata, followed by other large cities like Bangalore, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad, sources said.
Sabbas Joseph, director Wizcraft, told IANS: “We’re in the process of working out the nitty-gritty of the Indian shows. One thing is for sure. We won’t restrict the Unforgettable concerts to the four metros. They’ll go to the smaller towns, depending on the feasibility, security bandobast etc. But after the response we saw to the Bachchans abroad we wouldn’t like to keep our own country-men deprived of the experience.”
Every effort is being made to ensure the concerts go to as many cities in India as possible.
“But in a phased manner,” warns Sabbas. “We would have a few Indian concerts at a time to avoid excessive pressure on the time of the Bachchans and the star-performers.”
The good news is that the concerts will feature exactly the same star lineup in India as abroad, meaning the Big B, Abhishek, Aishwarya and Preity Zinta-Riteish Deshmukh.
Reasons Sabbas, “Why should it be any other way? We at Wizcraft don’t believe in two levels of quality, national and international. More details on the national Unforgettables will emerge. At the moment we’re putting together the fourth season of the dance reality-show ‘Nach Baliye’.”
Sabbas Joseph promises big changes and big plans. “Naturally with so many ‘Nach Baliye’ spinoffs on television we’ve to make sure that the fourth season is bigger, more lavish and eye-catching and with a far more enticing lineup of dancing couples than before. The contestants are unusually-paired and the judges Karisma Kapoor, Arjun Rampal and Farah Khan have been chosen not only for their glamour quotient but also for their compatibility.
“We wanted to make the fourth season of ‘Nach Baliye’ different. I think viewers are tired of seeing the same contestants and judges in different permutations on all the dance-based reality shows.”
- Vivek Oberoi Replaced By TV Actor Hussain Kuwajerwalla in the Mega-Musical Play Kingdom of Dreams - Apr 26, 2010
- Entertainment, entertainment, entertainment - at IPL 5 opener! - Mar 31, 2012
- Saif, Mika to perform at World Series Hockey opening - Feb 28, 2012
- Shah Rukh, Shahid and Priyanka set to rock Durban - Jan 05, 2011
- Amitabh Bachchan no longer IIFA brand ambassador - Jan 17, 2011
- Amitabh Bachchan Says IIFA Does Not Want His Services Anymore - Jan 18, 2011
- Dance fever catches on among Indians, thanks to TV - Feb 01, 2011
- Zohra Segal, Ramesh Sippy to get lifetime honours - May 29, 2012
- Shah Rukh to perform at star-studded Apsara Awards (Lead) - Jan 10, 2011
- Rajpal to lead Delhi Wizards in WSH - Feb 29, 2012
- Wizcraft launches youth icon awards - Sep 10, 2009
- Rakhi, Sanjeeda patch up on 'Zara Nach Ke Dikha' sets - May 18, 2010
- I survived because of TV, so I respect it: Amit Sadh - Jul 11, 2012
- Now IIFA wants to organise 'weekend' for southern industry - Dec 02, 2011
- SRK to perform on IIFA stage after seven years - Jun 16, 2011