Bachchan’s riding highMay 9th, 2009 - 9:31 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Amitabh Bachchan’s been promoting the IFFA quite hard this year again.
He has to, after all he’s the brand ambassador of the ten year old festival.
The IFFA travels to a new country every year and this time it’s Macau.
Now this one is a port town in South West China and not very far from Hong Kong. It’s also a very special administrative region of China.
The guy knows how to mix business with pleasure well and Bachchan relived the experience this Friday in Macau.
In the year 1979, Mr. Bachchan sat in a gondola to shoot a song for a Hindi film called “The Great Gambler’. And thirty years later too, he relived the experience in a similar trip in Macau.
He’s said: “After Venice, I have experienced a gondola after 30 years at the Venetian Macau. It was an enchanting experience. I sat on the gondola 30 years back to shoot the song ‘Do lafzon ki hai’ for my film ‘The Great Gambler’ (1979). The song for the film not only made the Venetian gondola popular, but Venice as well.”
He’s says the IFFA will make Macau famous, “After 30 years, today IIFA is going to do the same thing to the Venetian Macau what it (the song) did to Venice then. It was a very interesting and exciting ride.”
Well, let’s see if this great prediction of his comes true or not. -Sampurn Media
- Amitabh enjoys gondola ride after 30 years - May 08, 2009
- Venice's gondoliers criticised for singing "culturally deficient" songs - Oct 05, 2010
- Shahid to pay tribute to Shammi Kapoor, Dev Anand - Dec 30, 2011
- Bengali films are now shot in Europe - Sep 15, 2010
- Venice rejects fibreglass gondolas - Apr 11, 2010
- Macau to host Star Parivaar Awards - Feb 17, 2011
- Gulmarg weaves its magic around tourists (With images) - Apr 03, 2011
- IIFA 2009 goes to China - Apr 28, 2009
- Thrilled Amitabh is joining 'The Great Gatsby': Baz Luhrmann (Interview) - Sep 08, 2011
- Rana, Ileana romance in Venice (With Images) - Apr 14, 2011
- Christine Bleakley, Frank Lampard spark marriage rumours - Aug 07, 2010
- Big B hopes peace returns in Egypt - Jan 29, 2011
- (After 11)Buying film's rights is like paying tribute: Ajay Devgn - Jun 25, 2012
- 'Tera Kya Hoga Johnny' release postponed indefinitely (Movie Snippets) - Dec 28, 2010
- 'Tanu Weds Manu' director teams up with Eros for next - Apr 20, 2011
Tags: administrative region, ambassador, amitabh bachchan, enchanting experience, gondola, great gambler, hindi film, hong kong, mr bachchan, pleasure, south west china, thirty years, venetian macau, venice