Bachchans, Kapoors bury the hatchet at IIFA (IIFA Diary)June 7th, 2008 - 3:28 pm ICT by IANS
Bangkok, June 7 (IANS) The Bachchans and the Kapoors - the two leading families of Bollywood - have maintained a distance ever since Karisma and Abhishek’s engagement broke off several years ago. But to everyone’s surprise, Randhir and Rajeev Kapoor walked the green carpet at the premiere of “Sarkar Raj” here. Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, the film starring Amitabh, Abhishek and Aishwarya Rai, had its world premiere Friday evening at the Ninth International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards, of which the Big B is the brand ambassador.
While Jaya Bachchan extended a warm welcome to Randhir, Kareena is set to perform at the IIFA awards night.
The Bachchans, however, were the cynosure of all eyes at the Paragon Cineplex, where the movie was screened as part of the three-day IIFA extravaganza that kicked off here Friday.
Other Indian stars at the premiere included Shabana Azmi, Javed Akhtar, David Dhawan, Zayed Khan, veteran actress Mumtaz and Neil Nitin Mukesh.
Where is Shah Rukh Khan?
A bevy of Bollywood stars including Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan, Preity Zinta and the four Bachchans have descended on Bangkok but Indians living here are missing Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan.
“Is Shah Rukh Khan coming?” is what most cine fans are asking the visiting Indian media.
They wear a disappointed look on learning that their favourite actor will be giving the show a miss. Many families here say they bought passes for the award night just to get a glimpse of King Khan.
Foot massage, shopping tops Bollywood stars’ to-do list
Whether it is Viviek Oberoi, director Apoorva Lakhia or Kareena Kapoor - many stars here are waiting for an opportunity to shop and get their feet massaged.
“Thailand is known for its foot massages. So I’m looking forward to getting a foot massage and would suggest everyone experiences it,” said Viviek.
IIFA officials said that quite a few stars were enquiring about the foot massages and where they could get one.
- Ranbir, Vidya win top IIFA honours - Jun 10, 2012
- SRK feels excited to give parenting tips to Abhishek - Jun 23, 2011
- Shah Rukh to perform at IIFA this year - May 20, 2010
- Toronto to see largest galaxy of Bollywood stars - Jun 16, 2011
- With stars, dance, music - IIFA spreads Indian fever in Toronto (Review) - Jun 27, 2011
- When Toronto was Bolly-wooed and bowled over - Jun 27, 2011
- Sans big stars, IIFA awards end with fanfare (Review) - Jun 06, 2010
- Like Oscars, IIFA doesn't need brand ambassador: Anil Kapoor - Jun 16, 2011
- SRK to perform on IIFA stage after seven years - Jun 16, 2011
- Shah Rukh Khan not skipping IIFA Awards - Jun 21, 2011
- Things you should know about 'RA.One' - Oct 24, 2011
- Awards are important, says SRK - Jan 14, 2012
- Zindagi Na, Rockstar dominate IIFA awards - Jun 10, 2012
- Abhay misses Khans, Bachchans at IIFA - Jun 07, 2012
- Stage set for Bollywood's grandest show abroad (With Image) - Jun 22, 2011
Tags: abhishek and aishwarya, abhishek and aishwarya rai, actress mumtaz, aishwarya rai, bollywood stars, david dhawan, foot massage, foot massages, jaya bachchan, kareena kapoor, king khan, nitin mukesh, preity zinta, rajeev kapoor, ram gopal, randhir, shabana azmi, shah rukh khan, veteran actress, zayed khan