Baby scandal made Bieber almost quit musicJune 16th, 2012 - 2:52 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 16 (IANS) Singer Justin Bieber admits the paternity lawsuit against him almost made him quit his music career, but his mentor Usher encouraged him to continue.
Bieber, who is currently dating singer Selena Gomez, was accused by one Mariah Yeater of fathering a child with her last year.
“At the beginning of it all I was in Florida, away from my friends and family and I was pretty sad. I got to the point where I thought, ‘I don’t want to do this. I just want to be normal’. It was difficult because I’d never gone through anything like that,” he said.
Bieber confessed it was his mentor Usher Raymond, who encouraged him to toughen up, reports contactmusic.com.
“Usher was like, ‘Prepare to have this for the rest of your career because it’s not going to stop.’ He’s gone through some stuff and most artists go through their fair share. That was just my first time,” he said.
- Report: U.S. woman drops paternity lawsuit against Justin Bieber - Nov 16, 2011
- Report: Justin Bieber to take paternity test to end baby rumors - Nov 08, 2011
- Justin Bieber denies fathering a baby charges - Nov 04, 2011
- Justin Bieber's accuser drops her paternity suit - Nov 16, 2011
- Selena has learnt to ignore rubbish: Justin - Nov 16, 2011
- Not easy to deal with claims about Bieber: Gomez - Nov 18, 2011
- Bieber takes paternity test - Nov 22, 2011
- Bieber to take paternity test - Nov 08, 2011
- Gomez supports boyfriend Bieber - Nov 06, 2011
- Bieber paternity lawsuit dropped - Nov 17, 2011
- Bieber scared of darkness - May 21, 2012
- Gomez in no hurry to settle down - Aug 02, 2012
- Bieber can't forget first kiss with Gomez - Jun 18, 2012
- Selena makes me really happy: Bieber - May 17, 2011
- Gomez doesn't like Bieber's 'bad' company - Aug 06, 2011