Baby Josie Duggar From ‘19 Kids & Counting’ Finally Goes Home!June 30th, 2010 - 10:52 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
June 30 (THAINDIAN NEWS) It has been a long and winding journey for little Josie Duggar’s family in her first few months of life. The stars of “The Learning Channel’s” ‘19 Kids and Counting’ are exhilarated today, since they finally were able to bring little baby Josie home from the hospital.
Baby Josie was born on December 10, when her mom was just 25 weeks pregnant. Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar were very terrified parents, who already had 18 kids at home, and a new television show on TLC. It was very touch and go for their newest baby for quite a while.
Josie spent her first few months in Arkansas Children’s Hospital’s neo natal intensive care unit in Little Rock Arkansas. She was released on April 6, but her vital signs began dropping, and she had to be taken back to the hospital. They were able to treat her and she was released again in June 3, but 12 of her brothers and sister contracted the chicken pox, and she had to be taken away until they were all better.
The huge family was finally reunited on June 25, after Josie and her mom were able to return home in Tontitown, Arkansas. They were greeted with streamers, and cheers, and hand made “Welcome Home” banners from the other Duggar children.
“It is good to be home,” Josie Mom, Michelle told ‘People’. “It is surreal to be here. It was such a long time we were away.” She also added that Josie is flourishing, and weighs 9 pounds 1 ounce. “She has a double chin now,” she says. “It is so precious.”
- Josie Duggar came home after spending 3 weeks in a rental home because her 12 siblings had chicken pox - Aug 22, 2010
- Duggar Family Welcomes Child No.19 - Jun 30, 2010
- Josie, Baby No. 19 Of The Duggar Family, Is Finally In Her House With Her Affectionate Family - Jun 30, 2010
- 12 Duggar Kids Infected With Chicken Pox In "19 Kids And Counting" - Aug 22, 2010
- Baby Number 19, Josie Duggar Comes Home! - Apr 07, 2010
- Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar: '19th Duggar baby doing well' - Jan 29, 2010
- Duggar Family all set to welcome another baby in 2011 - Nov 11, 2010
- Baby Number 19, Josie Duggar Back In Hospital - Apr 13, 2010
- Duggar Baby No. 19 Josie Brooklyn is a Christmas miracle - Dec 22, 2009
- Duggar baby no. 19 Josie Brooklyn is under constant surveillance - Dec 22, 2009
- US 'supermom' gives birth to 19th child - Dec 12, 2009
- Josie Duggar Back To Hospital - May 10, 2010
- The 19th Duggar kid - Josie Duggar is a month old - Jan 12, 2010
- 19th Duggar kid - Josie Duggar healthy enough to go home - Apr 07, 2010
- 19th Duggar baby is finally back home - Jun 30, 2010
Tags: arkansas children, chicken pox, double chin, duggar children, hospital baby, intensive care unit, jim bob duggar, josie, june 3, learning channel, little baby, little rock arkansas, michelle and jim bob duggar, s hospital, streamers, television show, tlc, tontitown arkansas, vital signs, welcome home banners