B-Town’s desi boys add glamour to TV awards functionNovember 22nd, 2011 - 7:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 22 (IANS) Bollywood boys Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, John Abraham and Riteish Deshmukh and lovely ladies Hema Malini, Juhi Chawla, Kirron Kher and Sonali Bendre brought star power to the first edition of Colors’ Golden Petal Awards.
The grand event took place at the Film City here Monday night, with a line-up of TV stars from all the popular shows of the channel in attendance. The winners will be announced later.
Witty actor-director Sajid Khan played the perfect host and entertained with his comical one-liners, while Akshay, the ace host of Colors’ action adventure reality show “Khatron Ke Khiladi”, came to support the awards night. He breathed life into the awards night by mixing ‘fear’ and ‘humour’ into the show.
The action star came on the stage with two mice in a small cage, and took them to various actors like Sambhavna Seth, Meghna Malik, Kirron Kher, Sonali Bendre and Neelam Kothari to ask them to adopt them.
Some squealed with fear, and some were sporting enough to hold the mice. He also took actress Pratima Kazmi, better known as Nani of “Uttaran”, on the stage to try fire breathing — and the impromptu act left the audience in splits.
Salman, the co-host of the “Bigg Boss 5″, came in soon after, causing a frenzy in the audience. Even TV stars got off their seats to catch a glimpse of the hunk, who came to give the special awards of the night.
He even made some small screen actors match steps with him on chartbuster “Dhinka chika”.
Riteish, who recently announced that he will marry Genelia D’Souza early 2012, was seen with Salman in the audience. He came onto the stage later to give away an award.
Akshay’s “Desi Boyz” co-stars John Abraham and Chitrangada Singh were there too and spoke about their experience of working with Akshay.
Other who were invited to give awards were Javed Jaffrey and choreographer Terence Lewis, judges of “Chak Dhoom Dhoom Team Challenges”.
The wardrobe of the Bollywood beauties was to die for.
If veteran actress Hema sizzled in a golden sari, Juhi, who hosts a kids chat show “Badmash Company”, dazzled in an elaborate suit.
Kirron stuck to her trademark, traditional look, and Sonali looked beautiful in a short pink and grey dress.
Chitrangada chose a green dress for the promotion of “Desi Boyz”, in which she plays an uber chic professor.
Poonam Dhillon was also in attendance.
The event saw actors from shows like “Uttaran”, “Na Aana Is Des Laado”, “Balika Vadhu”, “Sasural Simar Ka” and “Veer Shivaji” celebrating their success, while many of them even put up entertaining performances.
- Impromptu performances not Juhi's cup of tea (Movie Snippets) - Nov 23, 2011
- Old remains gold: Dharmendra leads TRP race - Aug 04, 2011
- Deepika's cousin designs jersey for John - Nov 03, 2011
- People couldn't imagine me in a commercial role: Chitrangada - Nov 18, 2011
- Suresh & Vernon Group wins 'India's Got Talent 3' - Oct 02, 2011
- 'Desi Boyz' trailer to release with 'Mausam' - Sep 15, 2011
- Small screen made Amitabh Big B: Dharmendra - Jul 08, 2011
- Chitrangada excited about teaming up with Akshay (With Image) - Mar 17, 2011
- My image has changed after two directorial hits: Sajid Khan (Interview) - Jun 04, 2010
- KJo confirms 'India's Got Talent' stint - Aug 25, 2012
- Katrina shakes a leg with Dharmendra - Sep 05, 2011
- Ranbir, Vidya named best actors at Apsara Awards - Jan 26, 2012
- No qualms in working with Priyanka: Akshay Kumar (Movie Snippets) - Nov 16, 2011
- Secret behind Ranveer's six-pack (Movie Snippets) - Nov 15, 2011
- John promotes 'Desi Boyz', says marketing vital - Nov 24, 2011
Tags: akshay kumar, awards night, bigg boss, chitrangada singh, desi boyz, film city, genelia, genelia d souza, hema malini, john abraham, juhi chawla, khiladi, kirron kher, meghna, pratima, riteish deshmukh, sajid khan, sambhavna seth, screen actors, sonali bendre