B-Town excited about Karan Johar’s birthday bashMay 23rd, 2012 - 3:54 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 23 (IANS) Ace filmmaker Karan Johar plans to bring in his 40th birthday with a bang and Deepika Padukone says it is one of the most eagerly awaited bashes of B-Town.
Karan, one of the most successful filmmakers in Bollywood, will turn 40 Friday.
“It’s like a big event in our calendar. Everyone has been planning for it for a very long time - like who is wearing what, who is doing hair and who is doing make up?” Deepika told reporters.
“It is going to be a big event. I am very happy for him. He is someone I am extremely fond of and I think it’s his energy… the minute you are with him he just makes you feel so happy and light-hearted. He makes you feel so young,” she added.
As per reports, Aditya Chopra, Shah Rukh Khan and his wife Gauri Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Ekta Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, the Bachchans, Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, Ayan Mukerji, Karan Malhotra, Tarun Mansukhani, Puneet Malhotra, Shakun Batra, among others, are expected to come for the bash.
Deepika met Karan while shooting for Farah Khan’s “Om Shanti Om”. It was her first Hindi film and she had teamed up with Karan’s good friend Shah Rukh in it.
“I remember meeting Karan when I was doing ‘Om Shanti Om’. Farah and Shah Rukh introduced me to Karan and I remember how warm he was towards… he encouraged me when I came into this industry and because of such people, who supported me so much, I am here today,” she said.
- Karan Johar propels newcomers into showbiz - Dec 29, 2011
- Karan Johar chooses his directors on instinct - Jan 28, 2012
- Emraan's funny bone found in 'Shanghai': Dibakar (Movie snippets) - Jun 01, 2012
- SRK mum on Deepika's presence in 'Chennai Express' - Aug 14, 2012
- Farah delighted to be one of 100 most promising directors - Jun 25, 2011
- Everybody fights and reunites, why criticise us: Farah - Jul 31, 2012
- My comment on Ranbir, Katrina was said in good humour: Deepika - Nov 18, 2010
- Farah Khan has magic in her hands: Sonam Kapoor - Nov 18, 2010
- Deepika, Priyadarshan bury the hatchet - Jan 12, 2012
- Smita Patil award has made me believe in my choices: Deepika - Sep 19, 2012
- Shakespearean farce or SRK's short fuse? B-Town debates - Jan 31, 2012
- Shirish Kunder apologises to SRK - Aug 25, 2012
- K3G my biggest celluloid dream possible: Karan Johar - Dec 14, 2011
- Ranbir, Deepika to romance again on big screen! - Sep 21, 2011
- SRK, Shirish call truce (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
Tags: 40th birthday, aamir khan, ace, bashes, batra, birthday bash, deepika padukone, farah khan, filmmakers, good friend, hindi film, hrithik roshan, karan johar, kareena kapoor, long time, mumbai, om shanti, salman khan, shah rukh khan