B-town celebs proud of Vijender (Movie Snippets)August 7th, 2012 - 1:47 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 7 (IANS) Indian boxer Vijender Singh got knocked out of the London Olympics quarterfinals but Bollywood celebrities like megastar Amitabh Bachchan and actor Siddharth have congratulated him for giving a tough fight to his opponent.
The celebrities took to Twitter after Vijender lost 13-17 to Uzbek Abbos Atoev at the ExCel Arena in London. Here’s what they had to say:
Amitabh: Well fought Vijender! You have done the country and all of us proud
Rannvijay Singha: We are very proud of you champ, you fought well Vijender.
Siddharth: Vijender Singh stops just short of a Beijing glory repeat…close fight! Tragically close. Well tried champion…you already do us all proud!
Vijender, 26, had bagged a bronze medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
Salman’s ‘Dhinka chika’ act on ‘Indian Idol’
Actor Salman Khan revived the magic of his popular song “Dhinka chika” on the sets on singing reality show “Indian Idol 6″.
He joined Vipul Mehta, one of the show’s contestants, for the impromptu performance.
The 46-year-old was on the sets of the show with actress Katrina Kaif to promote their forthcoming film “Ek Tha Tiger”. He couldn’t help himself but go on the stage when Vipul invited him to share the stage, according to a source from the set.
Salman maintained the flavour of his dance as he put his hands in his pocket and did his famous step from the song, making everyone in the audience go gaga over the him.
Why does Boman feel lunatic?
Actor Boman Irani feels “lunatic” being on a promotional spree for his forthcoming film “Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi”.
“We have been promoting the movie like lunatics… now if you all confirm once and for all, we can tell the producers to spare us the trouble,” tweeted Boman.
Boman and his co-star Farah Khan have been making media appearances, attending events as well as shooting for special episodes of reality shows to generate buzz for the movie, releasing Aug 24.
- Olympics boxing: India's Vijender knocked out (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Mary Kom, Vijender a win away from medal (Overall India Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Outlook on boxing changed after Beijing bronze: Vijender - Jun 28, 2012
- Mary Kom in semis, Vijender suffers heartbreaking loss (Overall India Roundup) - Aug 07, 2012
- Now Mika wants to lend voice for Amitabh, Aamir - Mar 14, 2012
- We should be proud of Indian Olympians: Abhishek - Aug 08, 2012
- Asian Games boxing: World No.1 Vijender in finals - Nov 24, 2010
- Olympics: Vijay shines with silver, Saina's bronze hunt on (India Intro Roundup) - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympic boxing: India's Vijender in 75 kg quarterfinal (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- I always wanted to work in Bollywood: Devi Sri Prasad - Jul 31, 2011
- Olympics: Shooter Vijay Kumar wins silver for India (India Roundup) - Aug 03, 2012
- I'm the proudest wife: Lara on Mahesh-Sania's win - Jun 08, 2012
- Indian music driven by films, says Palash Sen - Sep 18, 2012
- Asian Games boxing: Gold for Vijender, Santhosh settles for silver - Nov 26, 2010
- Olympic boxing: Britain's Ogogo and Uzbekistan's Atoev win bronze - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: 2008 beijing olympics, abbos, actor siddharth, amitabh bachchan, bollywood celebrities, boman irani, bronze medal, chika, co star, farah khan, forthcoming film, impromptu performance, indian idol, katrina kaif, london olympics, lunatics, media appearances, popular song, salman khan, uzbek