Aziz Mirza to go on three-year break after ‘Kismat Konnection’July 14th, 2008 - 9:01 am ICT by IANS
By Devapriyo Bhattacharjee
Mumbai, July 14 (IANS) Director Aziz Mirza, whose latest film “Kismat Konnection” releases Friday, says he has no plans to make another film for the next three years. “I will go on a long holiday after the release of my film,” said Mirza, who is known in the industry for making selective films.
“First, I plan to go to Iran and then to various other places including the US. In the US, I plan to travel by road from the east coast to the west coast. And when all my money gets exhausted, I will be back,” said the 63-year-old director.
“I am a very lazy person. I don’t like to work much. Probably I will be making a film only after three years,” he added.
In the last 16 years he has directed only five films, including “Kismet Konnection” that stars Vidya Balan and Shahid Kapur. His other movies were “Chalte Chalte”, “Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani”, “Yes Boss” and ” Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman”.
On the subject of his new film, Mirza said he believes that destiny plays an important role in a man’s life that one realises only in his old age.
“My father used to say if you are young and you believe in destiny then you are a fool, and if you are old and don’t believe in destiny then also you are a fool,” he said.
Incidentally, “Kismat Konnection”, written by Mirza’s daughter Rahila, is based on the importance of destiny in the life of an individual.
The director, known for his simple and light-hearted portrayal of serious issues concerning society, said: “At this age where I am now, most of us realise that whatever we have achieved was not planned.
“Certain instances take place which are not in your control and why they happen you don’t know. If anyone thinks that whatever he has achieved is all because of him then he is the greatest fool.”
Talking about his relationship with Shah Rukh Khan and Juhi Chawla, he said: “My relationship with Shah Rukh is personal and not professional. I know he and Juhi are always there for me as I have seen them growing. He and Haroon (Aziz’s son) used to be always together. Shah Rukh and Juhi are like my child.”
What about Haroon? Is he planning for any project?
“He is the co-director for ‘Kismat Konnection’. Besides, he was the person who shot almost the whole of ‘Chalte Chalte’ as my wife Nirmala was in a critical state at that time. It is for that reason we had kept most of ‘Chalte Chalte’ shoot at Mehboob studio so that I could travel between the studio and hospital easily.
“As far as Haroon is concerned, it will be his own planning. As of now, I don’t know about any of his projects.”
- Shah Rukh misses working with Juhi, Mirza - May 27, 2010
- Juhi Chawla joins as associate producer for 'I Am' - Jan 19, 2011
- Bollywood has changed for the better: Juhi Chawla - May 27, 2011
- Audiences now lack patience for leisurely narration: Director Aziz Mirza (Interview) - Jul 28, 2008
- SRK ashamed of Wankhede brawl, says he's no role model - May 30, 2012
- I can also fail, ashamed of Wankhede scuffle: SRK (Roundup) - May 30, 2012
- Juhi Chawla stunned as Shah Rukh turns up on time - Feb 14, 2012
- Shah Rukh denies tiff with Juhi - Feb 14, 2012
- Shahrukh Khan Tweets About Missing Juhi Chawla, Aziz Mirza - May 28, 2010
- I was scared of people hating me: Karanvir Bohra - Jun 18, 2012
- Wrong to call me 'badshah of cricket', says SRK - May 30, 2012
- I've realised I can also fail: SRK - May 30, 2012
- SRK's midnight soccer match with daughter (Movie Snippets) - Jan 01, 2012
- Rohit Shetty feels the 100-crore pressure - Jul 25, 2012
- Mandira Bedi enjoying motherhood (Movie Snippets) - Jun 22, 2011
Tags: bhattacharjee, destiny, east coast to the west coast, fool, gentleman, hindustbhi, instances, juhi chawla, july 14, konnection, lazy person, long holiday, new film, portrayal, realises, selective films, shah rukh khan, shahid kapur, vidya balan