Ayesha Takia to walk the ramp at IIFAMay 29th, 2008 - 2:09 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 29 (IANS) The charming and bubbly Bollywood actress Ayesh Takia will walk the ramp for designer friend Vikram Phadnis at the ninth International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards, starting June 6 in Bangkok. “I will be there for Vikram Phadnis, who is a very close friend of mine. He has designed some exclusive collections and it will be great fun to be there for him. Besides, I am also excited for my film ‘De Taali’,” Ayesha told IANS.
Seen in films like “Socha Naa Tha” and “Sunday”, Ayesha will also promote her forthcoming film “De Taali” at IIFA.
“IIFA is a great platform where people from various parts of the world get to see a film. It opens the film to the whole world. I think this is an ideal platform to showcase and promote a film. I am very excited about it,” she said.
Directed by Eshwar Niwas and produced by Ravi Walia, the film is about love and friendship and presents Ayesha in a different incarnation along with Aftab Shivdasani, Ritiesh Deshmukh and Rimii Sen.
Explaining her role, the actress said: “I play a tomboyish character for the first time in the film. My character is very close to Aftab and Ritiesh,” Ayesha said.
The three day IIFA weekend will start with the premiere of Ram Gopal Varma’s “Sarkar Raj”. The political thriller brings together Amitabh Bachchan, who is also the brand ambassador of IIFA, his son Abhishek and daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai.
The event is expected to draw Bollywood fans to Bangkok from around the region.
- I'm unambitious, says actress Ayesha Takia - Sep 08, 2012
- De Taali releases today - Jun 20, 2008
- Malaika and Amrita walk the ramp for Vikram Phadnis - Mar 03, 2012
- My acting talent was recognised after 'Dor': Ayesha Takia(Interview) - May 31, 2008
- Music of the Bollywood film De Taali launched in Mumbai - May 18, 2008
- After action, Prabhu Deva wants to direct horror movie - May 18, 2012
- Karisma to play five characters spanning 500 years - Jun 18, 2011
- Sushmita, Sameera walk down ramp at Mumbai's BPFT show - Sep 06, 2010
- Nisha Kothari wants to work with Bengali directors - Apr 22, 2012
- Aftab Shivdasani's Injury Puts Sports Flick Behind - Jun 04, 2010
- Brett Lee to walk the ramp for Indian designer - Jun 17, 2011
- Shirish Kunder praises Andrew Garfield (Movie Snippets) - Jul 02, 2012
- 'Mod' is my first love story: Nagesh Kukunoor - Aug 03, 2011
- Aftab signs his first horror movie - Aug 21, 2011
- Shah Rukh Khan not skipping IIFA Awards - Jun 21, 2011
Tags: abhishek, aftab shivdassarkar raj, aishwarya rai, amitabh bachchan, ayesha takia, bangkok, bollywood actress, bollywood fans, deshmukh, film academy, forthcoming film, incarnation, indian film, mumbai, political thriller, ram gopal varma, ramp, ravi, rimii sen