Awards important, but Ranbir prefers filmmakingJanuary 18th, 2012 - 6:02 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 18 (IANS) Ranbir Kapoor, who recently bagged a Screen award for the best actor for a powerful performance in “Rockstar”, says winning honours is important, but the process of making a film is more important.
“Awards are important because it’s an acknowledgement. We work very hard for a film. But I think, for me, the process of making the whole film is more important,” said the 29-year-old who is happy to have worked with names like late Shammi Kapoor, A.R. Rahman and Imtiaz Ali in “Rockstar”.
Both critics and moviegoers loved his character of Janardhan who transforms into Jordan in the hit film, but Ranbir doesn’t hope to win all the awards this season.
“I don’t think so, but if I get all of them I will be happy,” said Ranbir who is currently filming for Anurag Basu’s “Barfee”.
The Kapoor boy is also, reportedly, doing a film based on the life of legendary actor-singer Kishore Kumar.
- 'Rockstar' released; Anurag Basu's 'Barfee' can now take off - Nov 11, 2011
- 'Rockstar' title can go against film: Ranbir - Oct 20, 2011
- Awards are important, says SRK - Jan 14, 2012
- Ranbir deaf-mute but happy-go-lucky in 'Barfee' - Apr 13, 2011
- Shammi-ji has left behind lot of love: Ranbir - Sep 20, 2011
- 'Rockstar' fails to pull heartstrings, but Ranbir wows (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ** 1/2) - Nov 11, 2011
- Will Ranbir's 'Rockstar' rock box office? (IANS Preview) - Nov 07, 2011
- Singers add a lot to an actor's career: Ranbir - Aug 06, 2012
- 'Barfi' was like dumb charades for me, says Ranbir Kapoor - Sep 01, 2012
- Ranbir-Imtiaz-Rahman come together again - Sep 08, 2012
- 'Rockstar' is soul stirring: Anurag Kashyap - Nov 11, 2011
- 'Barfee' not a serious film, says Ranbir - Oct 31, 2011
- Priyanka plays happy actress in Kunal Kohli's film - Dec 31, 2011
- Ranbir's success mantra: Stay grounded! - Nov 18, 2011
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir bid final adieu to Shammi Kapoor - Aug 14, 2011