Award for Ram Mohan, doyen of Indian animationMarch 27th, 2008 - 4:04 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, March 27 (IANS) Ram Mohan, the doyen of the Indian animation industry, has received a Special Recognition Award from the British High Commission at the Ficci Best Animated Frames (BAF) Awards 2008. British Deputy High Commissioner Vicki Treadell gave the award late Wednesday evening at a gala ceremony.
“He has played a significant role in the evolution of animation in India. With over a hundred films to his credit, his contributions span a wide spectrum of work across the areas of 2D classical animation, 3D computer graphics animation to cinema and live action,” said Treadell.
Ram Mohan, the doyen of Indian animation, recently completed 50 years of involvement with the industry. He is credited with teaching and training a whole generation of modern animators in India, said a statement from the high commission.
“The Indian animation industry is increasingly becoming the outsourcing capital for many UK producers including the BBC and Channel 4. The Indian and the UK film industries continue to have a mutually beneficial partnership,” Treadell added.
He also highlighted the fact that Britain is gradually becoming Bollywood’s second biggest market after India.
Last year, films such as “Om Shanti Om”, “Namastey London” and “Partner” grossed 3 million pounds in box-office collections in Britain, according to the Film Distributors Association.
“With an Indo-British co-production agreement initiated in 2006 and a Film London-Film and TV Producers’ Guild of India film services agreement initiated in 2007, the opportunities for Indo-British partnerships in the filmed entertainment segment can only multiply,” said Treadell.
- Gadkari invites British, EU investments in BJP-ruled states - Jul 20, 2011
- British minister praises India800 Foundation's work - Oct 21, 2011
- Gadkari questioned on British aid to India - Jul 21, 2011
- Toonz celebrates double win at FICCI awards - Mar 28, 2011
- Initiative to strengthen investment between India, Britain - Apr 02, 2012
- Gadkari to address BJP diaspora group in London - Jul 10, 2011
- 7Seas Entertainment bags FICCI-BAF 2011 award - Mar 26, 2011
- Britain seeks Indian market as Cameron comes visiting - Jul 26, 2010
- US Open: Paes, Sania lose in mixed doubles - Sep 04, 2012
- Tributes paid to Mumbai terror victims in London - Jul 19, 2011
- India times tea promotion with London Olympics - Aug 02, 2012
- New culture pact adds excitement to Indo-British ties - Jul 29, 2010
- Silver coins from Raj days unearthed in Tripura - Aug 15, 2011
- Manmohan Singh meets UK PM, seeks assurances to ensure global fiscal recovery - Jun 27, 2010
- Kerala to host Indo-British business seminar - Jul 30, 2009
Tags: animation industry, beneficial partnership, british high commission, classical animation, co production, computer graphics animation, distributors association, film distributors, film industries, film london, film services, gala ceremony, india film, london film, office collections, producers guild, ram mohan, recognition award, tv producers, uk producers