Avril has a pizza named after herJuly 18th, 2011 - 3:40 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 18 (IANS) Canadian singer Avril Lavigne has a pizza named after her at a restaurant in her hometown.
She says people from her hometown of Napanee (Ontario) are very proud of her achievements and this is why they paid homage by creating a dish in her honour.
“I’m a small town girl and go home when I can, and the people there always look out for me. I think they’re proud that someone from there made it so big. There’s a pizza restaurant in the centre that I used to go to when I was at high school, and they’ve turned it into kind of an Avril-themed place,” conatctmusic.com quoted the 26-year-old as saying.
“There’s even a pizza named after me made from my favourite toppings - pepperoni, olives and mushrooms,” she added.
- Thursday is pizza night for New Yorkers - Oct 05, 2010
- Pizzas beat Indian curry meals in Britain - Aug 09, 2010
- Forget Indian curry meals, Pizza is now Britain's favourite dish - Aug 09, 2010
- LiLo, Avril Lavigne's bitter feud - May 11, 2010
- Lavigne cooks to forget career pressures - Apr 16, 2012
- How Khloe Kardashian pampers beau? - Jul 24, 2011
- Fans impress Lavigne with her tattoo on their bodies - Jul 03, 2011
- 'Essence of comfort' made me fall for Jordan: Aguilera - May 11, 2010
- Mel B wants another 'Spice Girls' reunion - Mar 20, 2011
- I love Paris Hilton more than ever: Cy Waits - Jun 17, 2011
- 'Chelsea theme park' in Rhinebeck - Aug 01, 2010
- Avril Lavigne says that divorce hasn't inspired her new album - Apr 04, 2011
- Lindsay is fake, says Avril Lavigne - May 12, 2010
- No time for workout: Lavigne - Oct 26, 2011
- Kylie Minogue can't wait to tour again - Dec 12, 2010