Avicii takes singer Leona Lewis to courtAugust 9th, 2011 - 8:03 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Aug 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Singer Leona Lewis has been forced to withdraw the single “Collide” because of copyright suit. The suit was filed in a London court by Swedish singer Avicii who claims that the instrumental of the single is a direct copy of his work.
The label of Avicii, Ministry of Sound, filed the complaint on behalf of Avicii and they released a statement shortly after the suit was filed. Part of the statement which was released by the company said that, “Avicii is an up-and-coming talent; we think he should be given a fair crack at making this record the hit it deserves to be.”
Lewis had in the past insisted that she did nothing wrong regarding the use of the instrumental belonging to Avicii. She wrote on her Twitter account that, “With regards to my song, avicii was aware & agreeing publishing splits for himself and his manager.”
Lewis is a former winner of the UK hit show “The X Factor.” Simon Cowells’ SyCo is the record label for the single. The single was part of the third album which the singer plans to release towards the end of the year.
The song has been removed from the radio playlists because of the court action.
- Leona Lewis taken to court over new single 'Collide' - Aug 05, 2011
- Leona Lewis settles 'Collide' dispute - Aug 18, 2011
- Singer Leona accused of plagiarism - Jul 17, 2011
- Westlife part ways with Simon Cowell after 13 years - Mar 14, 2011
- Columbia dumps X-Factor winner Matt Cardle - May 22, 2012
- Simon Cowell calls cops after Leona Lewis' track leak - Aug 19, 2009
- 'Nikita' lawsuit meritless: Elton John - Apr 28, 2012
- Simon Cowell earns $208,230 a day - Apr 14, 2011
- Tim McGraw faces a lawsuit over breach of contract - May 19, 2011
- 50 Cent named in copyright infringement case - Dec 16, 2010
- Tim McGraw sued - May 19, 2011
- Emeli Sande is back on the No. 1 spot with 'Our Version of Events' - May 28, 2012
- Lady Gaga sued over 'Judas' - Aug 06, 2011
- Simon Cowell to launch boy band - Feb 24, 2012
- Christina Aguilera in lawsuit over 'stolen song' - Mar 07, 2011