Avatar star unable to bond with JamesOctober 10th, 2011 - 4:45 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 10 (IANS) “Avatar” star Sam Worthington, who was one of the three actors shortlisted to play iconic spy James Bond, says he wouldn’t want to see a Bond film with him starring in it.
Worthington, who lost the role to Daniel Craig, also says he wasn’t keen on the role because George Lazenby, the last Australian star to take on the role, was sacked after just one film, reports contactmusic.com.
“Do you know what? I wouldn’t want to see a James Bond movie with me in it anyway’. The last time there was an Australian as James Bond it was George Lazenby and he f***ed it up. I don’t want to be the new George Lazenby. But, you know, I learned a lot from that, which I took to the ‘Avatar’ auditions,” said Worthington.
Though the 35-year-old has won high profile roles as Jake Sully in “Avatar” and Perseus in “Clash of the Titans”, he gets upset when criticised for being over-exposed.
“For many years I didn’t work. I was unemployed. It’s weird now that I get criticised for working. You can’t f***ing win, can you? In my mind, if you don’t want to see my movies, dont’ go and see them.
“I just try and do as many jobs as I can, build up the calibre of my work and make the director and the audience happy,” he added.
- Sam Worthington tipped to play new Bond - Feb 15, 2010
- 'Bond' star George Lazenby bedded 'a woman a day' - Sep 11, 2010
- Sam Worthington 'blown away' by Oscar gum criticism - Apr 10, 2010
- Matt Damon almost played Sam Worthington's Avatar role - Apr 04, 2010
- 'Avatar's sequel will be monumental: Worthington - Oct 05, 2011
- Adele wants to date Prince Harry - Jun 09, 2011
- Worthington loved stripping for 'Avatar' - Dec 19, 2009
- I want to be 'James Bond': Idris Elba - Oct 01, 2011
- Clint Eastwood declined James Bond - Sep 10, 2010
- Was not embarrassed to wear skirt: Worthington - Mar 31, 2010
- George Lazenby to pen tell-all book on his career - Nov 05, 2010
- Cameron planning 'Avatar' prequel - Sep 10, 2012
- Gaga loves being alone - May 06, 2012
- Clint Eastwood doesn't regret turning down 007 role - Feb 11, 2010
- 3D movies waste of money: James McAvoy - Jun 18, 2011