Author Jonathan Frazen & Oprah sort out their differencesDecember 7th, 2010 - 8:37 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Dec 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Oprah Winfrey’s interview with author, Jonathan Franzen on Monday’s edition of the hit talk show revealed that the pair has sorted out any differences that existed between them.
About a decade ago, Oprah had to drop an earlier invitation for Franzen to appear on her show after it emerged that Franzen was not happy about Oprah’s tag on his book. The book, “The Corrections” was then chosen by Oprah among the 25 Oprah Book Club but Franzen in an interview on a different network revealed that he was not comfortable with the book’s success being tagged with Oprah. That caused a lot of confusion between the two.
However that did not prevent Oprah from naming another Frazen book, “Freedom” on the list this year. That again earned Frazen an invitation to Oprah’s show.
In the recent show that was aired on Monday, Frazen was Oprah’s third guest on the show. After warmly receiving Frazen, Oprah did not waste time in reminding Frazen that they have “a little history together”.
He apologized on the show and asked Oprah to forget about the whole debacle. The 2001 debacle though did not prevent Oprah from naming the “Freedom” novel “the book of the…decade.”
- Jonathan Franzen And Oprah Winfrey Reunite After Nine Years - Dec 07, 2010
- Author Jonathan Franzen glasses get stolen - Oct 06, 2010
- Shania Twain releases her memoir - May 04, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey says on Kitty Kelley's book: This too shall pass - Apr 20, 2010
- Piers Morgan Ropes In Oprah Winfrey As Talk Show Guest - Jan 07, 2011
- Sarah Ferguson to make public apology on Oprah show - May 28, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey honored at Daytime Emmys - Jun 21, 2011
- Kitty Kelley says that she knows who is Oprah Winfrey's biological father - Apr 14, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey Reveals Her Favorite Items In "Oprah's Ultimate Favorite Things" 2010 - Nov 22, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey plans to be a high school teacher - Jul 07, 2011
- Katie Couric's show's name to be 'Katie' - Aug 23, 2011
- Joe Jackson: Why He Slapped A $500 Million Fine On Dr. Murray? - Oct 25, 2010
- "The Oprah Winfrey Show" Begins Its 25th Season Tonight - Sep 13, 2010
- Oprah reveals family secret: A secret half sister who was put up for adoption at birth - Jan 25, 2011
- Oprah - The Queen Of Daytime TV - Oct 18, 2010