Australian heart-throb Hugh Jackman named the ‘best hat wearer’June 1st, 2009 - 6:10 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
The Wolverine star has been named the winner of this year’s Male Celebrity Hat Wearers list, beating Sir Sean Connery, Daniel Day Lewis, Jonny Depp, and Peter Andre to the title.
The chart is produced by promotional consortium Luton First with the town’s famous millinery and hat-making industry.
“Hugh Jackman’s outback hat, worn in the film Australia, not only achieved instant fame on the big screen but also popularised the look for men’s casual wear generally” said Philip Wright, of Luton milliners Walter Wright chart.
“Mr Jackman has also been seen sporting some stylish trilby and pork pie hats off screen.”
While in the female celebrities category, Carla Bruni was named ‘best hat wearer’. The Queen, with her second-place title, was noticed for her fur-look style hat worn to the unveiling of the memorial statue of the Queen Mother in February. The Queen beat fashionistas Madonna and Victoria Beckham, who appeared in fourth and fifth places respectively. The Countess of Wessex took third place in the chart.
Philip said celebrities were continuing to set international trends, wearing “statement” hats.-Sampurn Media
- Hugh Jackman, Carla Bruni named best celebrity hat wearers - Jun 01, 2009
- Hugh Jackman named the best hat wearer - Jun 02, 2009
- Carla Bruni, Hugh Jackman top Celebrity Hat Wearers list - Jun 01, 2009
- Queen under fire for wearing fur hat - Dec 27, 2010
- Queens granddaughter Zara Philips tops Celebrity Hat Wearers list - Jun 02, 2008
- Kate Middleton wears red Alexander McQueen dress for Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations - Jun 04, 2012
- Royal family accused of cruelty for wearing real fur - Dec 28, 2010
- Winslet stunned by response to charity project - May 11, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth II visits Prince Philip in hospital - Jun 07, 2012
- London mayor joins preparation for 2012 Games - Mar 17, 2012
- Depp voted 'hat' person of the year - Mar 17, 2011
- Kate Middleton's mum 'clashes with designer over wedding outfit' - Apr 18, 2011
- Madonna dresses up as Charlie Chaplin for fancy dress party - Mar 22, 2011
- Prince William receives Scotland's highest honour - Jul 05, 2012
- Sarah Jessica Parker pays tribute to Alexander Mcqueen - May 29, 2010
Tags: carla bruni, daniel day lewis, fashionistas, female celebrities, film australia, heart throb, hugh jackman, international trends, jonny depp, male celebrity, milliners, millinery, outback hat, philip wright, pork pie hats, queen mother, sir sean connery, style hat, trilby, victoria beckham