Australian boy’’s fingers leave bathroom wrecked

July 15th, 2008 - 6:00 pm ICT by ANI  

Melbourne, July 15 (ANI): An Australian boy ended up destroying his parents” bathroom when he stuck two of his fingers into the bath drain, while enjoying the feeling of water suction.

The Country Fire Authority (CFA) and State Emergency Service took six hours trying to get Seth, from Bendigo in central Victoria, out of the mess after two of his fingers were trapped.

“The hole was corroded so it turned when we tried to remove it, which caused pain to the young lad and we couldn”t do much,” the Daily Telegraph quoted CFA fire officer Bruce Quarrier, as saying.

“The crews had to work under the house and cut pipes away from there, so we could lift the bath up and get enough clearance.

“It has virtually destroyed the bathroom, we had to cut tiles off the wall to dismantle the bath,” he added.

The boy was eventually taken to Bendigo Base Hospital with his digits still stuck in the pipe and drain.

At the hospital, hacksaws and hydraulic spreaders were used to free him.

“It was one of those incidents you get where there are no shortcuts,” he said.

“The parents and grandparents were upset but there was no short way of doing it without causing injury.

“The boy was frightened at times, but was often laughing and in good spirits and came away with no cuts or bruises, just one blister,” he added. (ANI)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |