‘Austin Powers’ ruined ‘James Bond’: CraigAugust 31st, 2012 - 5:10 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 31 (IANS) Actor Daniel Craig rues that “Austin Powers” ruined the impact of the James Bond series.
The comedy series of “Austin Powers”, starring Mike Myers, took a dig at the Bond movies in many scenes.
“‘Austin Powers’ f**ked it. By the time we did ‘Casino Royale’, the Mike Myers spoof had blown every joke apart,” the Esquire magazine quoted him as saying.
“We were in a situation where you couldn’t send things up. It had gone so far post-modern, it wasn’t funny any more,” the actor added.
Craig’s first Bond movie was the 2006 release “Casino Royal”, followed by the 2008 release “Quantum Of Solace” and his third is forthcoming “Skyfall”, releasing Oct 26 in Britain.
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Heineken extends partnership with James Bond films - Feb 09, 2012
- Doing rom-com would be disaster for me: Craig - Aug 08, 2011
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011
- Ben Whishaw to play Q in next Bond film - Jul 14, 2012
- I am not funny: Daniel Craig - Sep 03, 2012
- Daniel Craig To Star In Remake Of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Jul 28, 2010
- New Bond Movie Likely To Start With Daniel Craig - Aug 13, 2010
- Daniel Craig says Austin Powers screwed Bond Franchise - Jan 08, 2009
- Mike Myers confirms fourth 'Austin Powers' - Apr 24, 2010
- The latest Bond Girl is Berenice Marlohe - May 23, 2012
- Mendes wasn't sure about Craig as Bond - Apr 20, 2012
- Adele likely to sing closing credit of 'Skyfall' - Sep 12, 2012
- New 'James Bond' movie named 'Skyfall' - Nov 03, 2011
- Dame Judi Dench to return as James Bond's boss - Jan 29, 2011