August will bring slaps, slurpy kisses for Ranvir ShoreyJuly 18th, 2008 - 8:49 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, July 18 (IANS) It will be a double whammy for Ranvir Shorey Aug 1 when two of his films hit the screen. While in “Ugly Aur Pagli”, Mallika Sherawat slaps him endlessly, in “Good Luck” the actor runs around smooching the whole world. “‘Good Luck’ is a film about lucky kisses. So yes, there’re lots of kisses. How many? You think I was counting? I really don’t think the kisses are a big deal. The kisses are a device to pass on the good luck from one character to another. Hope the good luck passes on to the film as well!” Ranvir told IANS.
“Honestly, I just have a cameo in the film. The producer came to me with a part he thought only I could play. It’s the role of a gigolo,” added Ranvir, who has earlier played a male streetwalker in Madhur Bhandarkar’s “Traffic Signal”.
Ranvir plays the lead in “Ugli Aur Pagli”.
“It isn’t the first time I’m playing the lead. I’ve done it twice before. It is a very quirky comedy. Mallika plays a bit of a bully. She slaps me around. I don’t mind being slapped by her as long as the film works,” said Ranvir.
The actor confesses that he cannot carry a film on his shoulder.
“I don’t resent the fact that Mallika is grabbing all the attention. She is a bigger star. I’m quite happy letting her be in the limelight. Very frankly, no film can sell on my strengths, whatever they may be,” said the actor who will also be seen in one of the segments of “Mumbai Cutting”.
Ranvir is happy with the way his career has shaped up.
“I’m quite happy with the volume of work I’m doing. And if I’ve two releases in two weeks it’s just a matter of chance. I’m still finishing one movie at a time.
“Actually, I’ve three releases in August. I have ‘Singh Is Kinng’. I play Katrina’s boyfriend. And I’m one of the non-Sardars. I’m the guy Akshay steals Katrina from. I’m quite happy with my career right now. I’m booked for the next one year. Personally too, my life couldn’t be better.”
Talking about “I Am 24″, he said: “It has Rajat Kapoor in the lead and is directed by Saurabh Shukla. I play Rajat’s bullshitting best friend. I don’t mind doing supporting roles. Often they’re more interesting than the lead. So why should I let them go?”
- Won't mind struggling all my life: Ranvir Shorey - Apr 28, 2012
- Not satisfied but am happy: Ranvir Shorey - Apr 04, 2012
- I'm not scared of item numbers: Sonakshi Sinha - Mar 23, 2011
- 'Fatso' sweet, tangy, tender romantic comedy (Hindi Movie Review) - May 04, 2012
- Ram Charan Teja will let silence speak louder in 'Zanjeer' - Apr 14, 2012
- Mallika Sherawat is extremely daring: Jacqueline Fernandez - Mar 11, 2011
- Given my best to Sugar Ray: Usher - Jun 18, 2012
- I want to play my age: Vandana Pathak - Jun 23, 2012
- Vinay Pathak misses Ranvir Shorey in 'Bheja Fry 2' - Jun 14, 2011
- Sarwan plays down interest in West Indies tour - May 04, 2012
- Priyadarshan should stop making comedies: Ajay Devgn - Oct 09, 2010
- Katrina says a flat no to kissing - Feb 06, 2010
- Go 'talli', go 'tunn' on Bollywood tunes - Jan 03, 2012
- Working with woman director was nice: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Nov 16, 2010
- I like playing grey characters: Emraan Hashmi (Interview) - Oct 04, 2010
Tags: akshay, aur, bully, cameo, double whammy, film works, gigolo, good luck, katrina, kisses, limelight, madhur bhandarkar, mallika sherawat, mumbai, quirky comedy, ranvir shorey, slaps, streetwalker, subhash k jha, traffic signal