Audrey Hepburn voted top screen siren by women, men favour Ursula AndressApril 5th, 2010 - 2:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 5 (ANI): Audrey Hepburn and Ursula Andress have been named the most iconic female screen legends in a new survey.
Hepburn was the voted by women as the top screen siren for her performance in ‘Breakfast At Tiffany’s’, while Andress was chosen by men for 1962 Bond film Dr No, which starred Sean Connery, reports the Scotsman.
The men’s poll saw Hepburn take fifth place, following sci-fi stars Sigourney Weaver in ‘Alien’, Carrie Fisher in ‘Star Wars’ and Jane Fonda in ‘Barbarella’.
On contrary, Julie Andrews took second place for her performance as a singing nun in ‘The Sound Of Music’ in the women’s list, and her role in ‘Mary Poppins’ also secured her the third spot.
Judy Garland’s performance in ‘The Wizard Of Oz’ came fourth and Julia Robert’s role as a prostitute in ‘Pretty Woman’ won her fifth place.
About 2,000 people voted for their favourite from a shortlist chosen by Radio Times’ film experts of both genders.
The list of top 50 most iconic women in film, spanning more than 75 years of cinema, is available in the Radio Times. (ANI)
- Hepburn's black Tiffany's dress voted greatest female screen outfit - May 28, 2010
- Audrey Hepburn voted 'Most Beautiful Woman of 20th century - Jul 01, 2010
- Hepburn's hairstyle named most influential ever - May 24, 2011
- Audrey Hepburn outfits up for grabs - Oct 04, 2009
- Emma Thompson Finds Audrey Hepburn "Fantastically Twee" - Aug 14, 2010
- Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn my style icons: Priyanka Chopra - Sep 10, 2011
- Dita Von Teese strips off in racy new Renault Clio TV commercial - Feb 08, 2011
- Is Angelina Jolie A Mixture Of Elizabeth Taylor And Audrey Hepburn? - Dec 04, 2010
- Kim Kardashian sizzles in space-age siren Barbarella photoshoot - Nov 27, 2010
- Hepburn's Oscar dress up for auction - Nov 05, 2011
- Geri Halliwell's outfit tops iconic dress poll - May 21, 2010
- Jane Fonda releases keep-fit DVDs for elderly - Sep 14, 2010
- Anna Friel turns ghosthunter! - Oct 29, 2009
- Elizabeth Taylor voted the 'Most photogenic Celebrity in the world' - Aug 24, 2011
- Aamir honours Audrey Hepburn - May 07, 2009
Tags: audrey hepburn, barbarella, bond film, breakfast at tiffany, carrie fisher, film experts, jane fonda, judy garland, julia robert, julie andrews, mary poppins, pretty woman, radio times, s poll, sci fi, screen legends, sigourney weaver, sound of music, ursula andress, wizard of oz