Audience will relate to ‘Aa Dekhen Zara’: Neil NitinMarch 8th, 2009 - 10:50 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 8 (IANS) Neil Nitin Mukesh is unperturbed that his new film “Aa Dekhen Zara”, which tells the story of a man who gets a camera that can tell the future, may be a bizarre and alien concept for the audiences.
“You have to accept what this protagonist and the camera are trying to tell you. Unbelievable as it may sound but it is this camera that is trying to make a contact with other characters in the film through this protagonist,” said Neil.
“If you identify with the protagonist in scene one, which by the way is the intent of the film’s narrative, you are with him till the end of the film.”
Though all this talk is clearly puzzling to say the least, the young actor states that the actual narrative makes it all very simple for the audience to comprehend.
“The moment this thrilling element about the camera being an important character is digested by the audiences, they will be intrigued to know more about what my story is and why are some particular incidents happening to my character?” Neil told IANS.
Won’t it be tough for the audience to be convinced?
“Why would that be the case,” shoots back Neil, who made a splash with “Johnny Gaddaar” a year and a half back.
“Weren’t they convinced with the presence of an alien and its involvement in the life of the character played by Hrithik (Roshan) in ‘Koi Mil Gaya’? In the film you have the entire alien element coming into picture at the very onset and this is what made it a good film because it helped you identify even with ‘Jadoo’.”
Talking about his own love for the film, he says fondly, “I fell in love with ‘Jadoo’ and felt bad when he was sent back to his planet towards the end of the film.”
“I identified with Hrithik’s character too and suddenly when he became a macho man, I felt empowered myself. Now how was that possible? Because as an audience, I could identify with the character.”
Neil is confident that audiences will be intelligent enough to grasp the basic plot of director Jehangir Surti’s “Aa Dekhen Zara”.
“If you look at my debut film ‘Johnny Gaddar’, there too a preamble was set in the very opening scene that told the audience about the sort of guy Johnny was. It was all so clear that the audience had to accept him the way he was,” said Neil, who is the grandson of legendary singer Mukesh.
No wonder he had all the audience sympathy.
“Exactly,” smiles Neil, “That is why even though he was killing people and the audience knew that he would be killed too in the end, it was an exciting journey for them to be a part of it since they wanted to know how Johnny’s story ended.”
While “Koi Mil Gaya” has earned a cult status for itself and “Johnny Gaddaar” too has its own loyal following, one would be tempted to see how Neil manages to woo audiences this time. The film releases March 27.
- I would love to do a comedy film: Neil Mukesh - Feb 20, 2011
- "I learnt a lot from Bipasha" - Neil Nitin Mukesh - Mar 25, 2009
- Failure helps to keep you grounded: Neil Nitin Mukesh - Dec 09, 2010
- Birthday wishes, blessings galore for Neil Nitin Mukesh - Jan 15, 2011
- Movie Review: Tera Kya Hoga Johnny – Sudhir Mishra Heists Your Empathy For Johnny - Dec 17, 2010
- Neil moves into different genre with '3G' - May 02, 2012
- Neil Nitin Mukesh to sing for 'Shortcut Romeo' - Jan 23, 2012
- We can't afford bigness of Hollywood films: Rakesh Roshan - Jul 05, 2012
- Hrithik getting in shape for 'Krrish 2' - Jan 11, 2012
- 'Aa Dekhen Zara' not copy of 'Freeze Frame': Neil Nitin - Mar 22, 2009
- I'm very happy we're making a sequel to 'Krrish': Hrithik - Jan 10, 2011
- What secret does Neil keep from his dad? - Jul 25, 2010
- Hrithik completes 12 years, thanks fans - Jan 15, 2012
- Bipasha very important to 'Aa Dekhen...': Neil Nitin Mukesh - Feb 10, 2009
- Rare diseases are now highlighted by Indian cinema - Apr 10, 2012
Tags: aa, alien concept, audience, audiences, basi, character neil, element, hrithik roshan, jadoo, love, macho man, mil gaya, mumbai, narrative, new film, nitin mukesh, presence, protagonist, young actor, zara