Atwood wins best costume design Oscar for ‘Alice in Wonderland’February 28th, 2011 - 10:31 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Feb 28 (IANS) American designer Colleen Atwood won the Oscar award for her costume designs in Tim Burton’s “Alice In Wonderland” at the 83rd Academy Awards here.This is the third Oscar for Atwood since she started designing for movies in 1984. She won the golden statuette earlier for her work in “Chicago” (2002) and “Memoirs of a Geisha” (2006).
The Academy award for best makeup went to Rick Baker and Dave Elsey for “The Wolfman”, while Richard King took home the best sound editing award for his work in “Inception”.
Oscar for sound mixing went to Lora Hirschberg, Gary Rizzo and Ed Novick for “Inception”.
- List of Oscar winnners 2011 - Feb 28, 2011
- "The King's Speech" leads Oscar nominations - Jan 25, 2011
- 'Toy Story 3' wins best animated feature film Oscar - Feb 28, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' reigns at 83rd Academy Awards - Feb 28, 2011
- 'Inception' and 'The Social Network' dominate Critics Choice Awards - Jan 15, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' big winner of Oscar evening - Feb 28, 2011
- Critics' Choice Awards 2011: A Star-Studded Affair - Jan 15, 2011
- Melissa Leo wins Oscar for best supporting actress - Feb 28, 2011
- Rahman gets BAFTA nomination for '127 Hours' music - Jan 18, 2011
- Melissa Leo grabs Best Supporting Actress Oscar - Feb 28, 2011
- A.R.Rahman Fails To Be Second Time Lucky At Golden Globes! - Jan 17, 2011
- Oscar statuettes sold for $3 mn in auction - Feb 29, 2012
- Oscar 2011 Visually Extravagant Film Nominations Announced - Dec 11, 2010
- 'Hurt Locker' bags Oscar for best sound editing, sound mixing - Mar 08, 2010
- Hollywood producer Richard Zanuck dies - Jul 14, 2012
Tags: academy award, academy awards, alice in wonderland, best makeup, colleen atwood, costume design, costume designs, dave elsey, design oscar, inception, memoirs of a geisha, oscar award, rick baker, rizzo, sound editing, statuette, tim burton, wolfman