Attending acting workshops Himesh’s new mantra for successApril 23rd, 2009 - 4:19 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 23 (IANS) Himesh Reshammiya, who was last seen in the box office dud “Karzzzz”, has now started attending acting workshops before beginning to shoot for his films. The composer-turned-singer-turned-actor says he is doing so to grasp the essence of his character and perform with ease.
“Yes, the character of Vivan that I play in ‘Radio’ is such that I thought of doing some serious workshops with theatre actors. I’m feeling on top of the world to perform in front of the camera now. The workshop has helped me loosen up further,” said Reshammiya who debuted as an actor with “Aap Ka Surroor”.
In “Radio”, Reshammiya plays a radio jockey. To be produced by Ravi Agarwal, “Radio” would be directed by Isshaan Trivedi, who made “7 1/2 Phere” with Irrfan Khan and Juhi Chawla four years back and is ready with Jimmy Sheirgill-Arbaaz Khan-Nauheed Cyrusi starrer “Bachelor Party”.
This is not the first time though that Reshammiya has indulged in attending a workshop. Even for Studio 18’s “Ishk Unplugged”, which is directed by Swapna Joshi, he had attended a workshop before actual shoot.
“Henceforth, I will be doing workshops for every film, like I did for ‘Ishk Unplugged’ and the one I’m doing for ‘Radio’. I have completed the shooting of ‘Ishk Unplugged’ in a 65 day nonstop schedule and now realise how much the workshops have helped,” said Reshammiya.
A source close to Reshammiya added: “Isshaan is giving a realistic touch to ‘Radio’ which is basically a romantic comedy. Since the film doesn’t require any pretence, Himesh was sure that he wanted to be a part of some serious workshops. He is dead serious about his career as an actor and is giving it his all to get his future films going.”
Meanwhile, the year to follow would see his other two films “A Love Issshtory” and “Kajraare”.
- "I am doing some serious workshops with theater actors" - Himesh Reshammiya - May 18, 2009
- Got a chance to walk on same path as Kishore-da: Himesh - Sep 22, 2011
- For Himesh, 'Ishk mein thoda meetha ho jaaye' - Apr 29, 2009
- I'm looking forward to my English film: Himesh Reshammiya - Oct 02, 2011
- I was confident of my growth as actor: Himesh Reshammiya - Dec 10, 2009
- Salman Khan is my driving force: Himesh Reshammiya - Dec 21, 2011
- Himesh's 'Radio' a hit before release! - Nov 03, 2009
- Himesh Celebrates Mom's Birthday; Gung Ho About 'Kajraare' - Jun 30, 2010
- 'Radio' has already recovered investment: Reshammiya - Nov 13, 2009
- 'Radio' a Himesh Reshammiya act all the way (IANS film preview) - Nov 30, 2009
- Reshammiya teams up with Lil Wayne - Nov 02, 2011
- 'Radio' - Himesh clicks, film doesn't (IANS Film Review; Rating:**) - Dec 05, 2009
- 'Damadamm' - Grin and bear it (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Oct 26, 2011
- I will prove myself as an actor now: Himesh Reshammiya (Interview) - Oct 08, 2009
- Himesh Reshammiya's Kajraare to be a Diwali release - May 29, 2009
Tags: acting workshops, arbaaz khan, bachelor party, box office dud, future films, irrfan khan, ishk, joshi, juhi chawla, nauheed cyrusi, pretence, realistic touch, romantic comedy, swapna, theatre actors, top of the world, trivedi, two films, unplugged, vivan