Asin Injured and Alone In Her New HomeJune 19th, 2009 - 11:17 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Subhash K Jha
Asin has badly injured her right leg while practising her martial arts Kalaripayattu in Kerala.
The leg, apparently, was so swollen that Asin could hardly move let alone walk the ramp at a film awards event that was to take place a few days later.
However, a commitment is a commitment. That’s what this spunky South Indian lass has been taught by her parents. So off she went limping to Macau all alone, and hiding it so well that no one knew the pain she was going through. Adding to her pain is the fact that Asin takes no allopathic medicines.
“Yes, that’s true,” admits Asin from her new spacious home in Green Acres Andheri. “It’s not just about the martial arts training. I’ve been brought up in an atmosphere where we don’t use artificial foods articles sweetners, spices, etc. In our home sugar is called “white poison’. We use only gur. I don’t take aerated drinks, chocolates, and junk food. And yes no allopathic medicines. Only ayurveda.”
Limping, though not showing it, Asin is back in Mumbai now. And instead of heading straight to her parents’ comforting home and lap, Papa’s little girl, now suddenly all grown up, headed straight to her new home where she’s nursing her leg and recovering in isolation.
Laughs Asin, “Why does that surprise you so much? Asin laughs heartily. “Everyone presumed I couldn’t take a step without my father just because he accompanied me everywhere. But eventhough I was the only child I was always taught to be selfsufficient and independent.”
Hence, although her parents live a stone’s throw away from her in Mumbai Asin doesn’t keep turning them for help or comfort.
“They live just two kms away. But they don’t come here at all. And I don’t visit them once in a while. I’m in this spacious house all alone. Even the domestic help comes only during the day time. It’s just me and my injured leg, and guess what? I”m just not feeling sorry for myself.”
And the fact that she’s using the ayurrvedic treatment prescribed by Kalaripayattu adds to the time taken for her healing.
“But I am enjoying my enforced time at home. I’m making new friends, learning to be selfdependent.”
- Injured Asin learning to be independent - Jun 19, 2009
- Bipasha on thanking spree! (Movie Snippets) - Jan 02, 2012
- Mamata foots bill for office renovation - May 30, 2011
- Aamir prepares, Salman is spontaneous: Asin - Jun 03, 2011
- Jada Smith is grateful of husband Will - Sep 05, 2011
- Gaga dislikes commitment - Nov 24, 2011
- Don't take things seriously, suggests Hathaway - Feb 28, 2012
- Rihanna to launch male fragrance - Apr 06, 2012
- Peter Andre feels he has guardian angel - Oct 26, 2011
- Imran on what sets SRK, Aamir and Salman apart (Movie Snippets) - Sep 02, 2011
- Teacher shocks pupils with wild posts on Facebook - Feb 09, 2012
- Dannii Minogue has sporty son - Aug 09, 2012
- It's not going to happen again, vows teenaged dad - Dec 20, 2010
- Gaga wears normal clothes with family: Grandmother - Aug 11, 2011
- Southern film industry can wait: Asin Thottumkal - Mar 20, 2012
Tags: allopathic medicines, awards event, ayurveda, chocolates, day time, domestic help, few days, film awards, green acres, gur, indian lass, isolation, junk food, little girl, martial arts training, poison, ramp, spices, subhash k jha, sweetners