Ashanthi’s peace song official number for motorbike journeyAugust 3rd, 2012 - 6:59 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 3 (IANS) Sri Lankan hip hop artist Ashanthi’s new single “Let’s give peace a chance” is the official song of the De Paix Yatra, a motorbike journey in honour of world’s unsung heroes who have devoted their lives to bring about change in the world.
The journey will begin from Mumbai Aug 11, and will end in London.
Ashanthi’s song captures the spirit of the mission - peace.
“It has been a great experience creating ‘Let’s give peace a chance’ as the official anthem for the De Paix Yatra peace project. I believe that the song sends a strong message to everyone about the hope of peace throughout the world,” Ashanthi said in a press statement.
She says her experiences in her nation helped her infuse true emotions in the song.
“The composition of this song, for me, has been an expression of my deepest feelings, as Sri Lanka has been a country in turmoil in the recent past for over 21 years.”
“In my lifetime, all I have seen is war. Now I am glad I was able to create a song that will make a difference in promoting peace and unity among our youth,” she added.
Released by Universal Music, “Let’s give…” will be available for online as well as mobile downloads.
The De Paix Yatra will try to engage celebrities, diplomats, sports personalities, youth icons and political leaders, who can use their public prowess to inspire and widen the reach of the project.
The entire journey will be documented and later released in the form of mini-series, films, documentaries and a photo story coffee table book.
- Thousands of Argentines turn up to hear Indian guru - Sep 06, 2012
- World Cup opener showcases South Asian culture (Roundup) - Feb 17, 2011
- Christina Aguilera talks about her anthem mistake - Apr 27, 2011
- Celebrating India at cultural festival in Berlin - Jul 02, 2011
- In 'De Ghuma Ke', Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy score a hit with World Cup song - Jan 03, 2011
- George Michael writes song about death experience - Apr 06, 2012
- Opening ceremony of 2011 World Cup begins in Dhaka - Feb 17, 2011
- Indian flag hoisted at Olympic Village - Jul 22, 2012
- Madonna's gig stuns audience at Super Bowl - Feb 06, 2012
- Bollywood remembers Panchamda on his 72nd birth anniversary (June 27 is R.D. Burman's birth anniversary) - Jun 25, 2011
- Writing World Cup song was an emotional moment: Manoj Yadav (Interview) - Jan 05, 2011
- Steven Tyler sings the National Anthem at the AFC championship (Video) - Jan 23, 2012
- Pakistani travels 40,000 km to project country's soft image - Jan 02, 2012
- Thousands brave rain to attend Art of Living festival in Berlin - Jul 03, 2011
- Indian music, dance and yoga capitivate Berlin (Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
Tags: coffee table book, diplomats, hip hop artist, mini series, mission peace, motorbike, peace and unity, peace project, peace song, peace throughout the world, photo story, political leaders, promoting peace, prowess, s song, sports personalities, sri lankan, true emotions, universal music, unsung heroes