Asha Bhosle wishes for audience’s love on birthdaySeptember 6th, 2012 - 1:50 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 6 (IANS) Legendary singer Asha Bhosle, who turns 80 Sep 8, wishes for love and support from her audience and fans for the rest of her life.
“Only one wish is left, that whatever love I have, it should stay with me till my last day,” Bhosle said at a birthday celebration organised Wednesday evening.
The singer feels there is no one in the industry today who can take her place. She said she has sung so many different types of songs in different languages and styles and is yet to come across someone in the industry who can do that.
“There is no one because I have sung all types of songs in different styles, in different languages. I have sung a Russian song in Russia and an English song in London. I have sung songs in Malayalam and all types of songs. I haven’t seen anyone who has done that,” she said.
Stalwarts from the music industry including Anu Malik, Sulaiman Merchant and Sukhwinder Singh were at the event to wish Bhosle.
On his own personal experiences with Bhosle, singer composer Anu Malik described how she helped in his career.
“I remember when I was 16, I went to her place. She made me have tea and asked me why I had come. I told her I want her to do a song for me. She was so busy but still took out time and agreed to sing my song. When she said yes I will sing for you, I can never forget it. She has helped so many singers like me,” he said.
“I hope she lives for 1,000 years. It is tough to get someone so talented again. So many songs come to my mind when I think of her,” he added.
Playback singer Suresh Wadkar performed “Sapne mein milti hai” and Asha Bhosle joined him on stage and danced a few steps.
Sulaiman Merchant, after working with Bhosle in reality show “Indian Idol”, said he feels lucky to have spent so much time with her.
“I connected with Asha ji so well in ‘Indian Idol’. I think I am lucky to spend so much time with her and learn so much from her,” he said.
Asha Bhosle will also be making her acting debut this year with Marathi film “Mai”.
Asked about her experience in the film, she said: “You should all see and tell me how I am. All I can say is that if every girl doesn’t cry when she sees the film, then I will change my name.”
Veteran actor Manoj Kumar, who was also present, said he had seen the film, and congratulated Bhosle on her good work.
“I have seen her film, I told her that why didn’t you work before, so she joked that I never gave her work before,” he said.
Directed by Mahesh Kodiyal, the film also stars Padmini Kolhapure and Ram Kapoor. It is set to release Nov 23.
- Asha Bhosle launches 'Dhakku makum' at Lalbaugcha Raja (With Images) - Sep 19, 2012
- Punjabi boy Vipul Mehta wins 'Indian Idol 6' - Sep 02, 2012
- Asha Bhosle keeps grandsons away from today's films - Apr 19, 2012
- I knew I'll be able to act easily, says Asha Bhosle at 77 (Interview) - Mar 03, 2011
- Asha Bhosle joins 'Indian Idol 6' judge's panel - May 30, 2012
- I'm tired of singing film songs: Asha Bhosle (Interview) - Nov 05, 2010
- Sowmya Raoh sings for Rani again! - Sep 19, 2012
- Ronit Roy's viral woes (TV Snippets) - Aug 09, 2012
- Asha Bhosle enters Guinness World Records - Oct 21, 2011
- Asha turns 78, to celebrate with family - Sep 08, 2011
- Lata sings for Asha in 'Maaee' - May 28, 2011
- Asha Bhosle makes acting debut with 'Maaee' - Mar 02, 2011
- Recording live after 30 years was fantastic: Asha Bhosle (Interview) - Nov 27, 2010
- 'Indian Idol 6' promises to shock with great talent - May 30, 2012
- A song on her lips, a style of her own, Asha Bhosle turns 77 (Sep 8 is Asha Bhosle's birthday) - Sep 07, 2010
Tags: asha bhosle, birthday celebration, different languages, different styles, indian idol, ji, legendary singer, malayalam, many different types, music industry, personal experiences, playback singer, reality show, russian song, singers, stalwarts, sukhwinder singh, sulaiman, suresh, wednesday evening