Asha Bhosle named goodwill ambassador for music awardsNovember 2nd, 2010 - 6:19 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 2 (IANS) Legendary singer Asha Bhosle has been roped in as the goodwill ambassador for the upcoming Chevrolet Global Indian Music Awards (GIMA).
“I am in awe and humbled by the goodwill ambassador role that GIMA has bestowed upon me. I have always wanted to do my part for my industry and encourage new talent and I cannot think of a better platform in India to do so,” said Asha, 77.
“This is the first time that Indian music has been given its due and being honoured in such a prestigious way. It is my privilege to be a part of this movement,” she added.
The inaugural edition of the awards will be presented Nov 10 here.
The advisory board for the awards comprises of Vijay Lazarus, Bhushan Kumar, L. Subramanium, Shankar Mahadevan, Hariharan, Prasoon Joshi, Karan Johar, Mukesh Bhatt, Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra, Leslie Lewis, Usha Uthup, Resul Pookutty, Sulaiman Merchant, and Apurv Nagpal and they will review the entries and select the most impactful initiative.
GIMA has received an outpour of entries with a record 223 albums, compromising a total of 940 entries. Touted to be the highest number of entries to be obtained for a music celebration, film music album entries tallied to 42 and non-film music entries to over 180 albums.
An initiative of Wizcraft International Entertainment, Chevrolet GIMA has been instituted with the support of IMI, T-Series, MCAI and other key constituents of the music industry.
- Anti-piracy initiatives to be recognised at Music Awards - Oct 30, 2010
- New music awards for Indian music fraternity - Jul 28, 2010
- GIMA voting process starts - Aug 30, 2011
- '3 Idiots' triumphs at first edition of GIMA awards - Nov 11, 2010
- 'Dabangg' leads GIMA nominations - Aug 11, 2011
- 3 Idiots Bags All Top Honors At Global Indian Music Awards - Nov 12, 2010
- GIMA set for a confluence of all musical styles - Sep 13, 2011
- I'm tired of singing film songs: Asha Bhosle (Interview) - Nov 05, 2010
- Saif to jam with Pritam for music awards - Nov 09, 2010
- 'Dabangg' sweeps GIMA with six awards - Sep 23, 2011
- A R Rahman at GIMA: "My Dad Used To Look At Lata Mageshkar’s Photo Every ... - Dec 04, 2010
- Is Indian music industry losing battle against piracy? - Dec 15, 2010
- When Asha Bhosle presented Lata Mangeshkar an award - Nov 11, 2010
- Music composer as important as the film hero: Salim Merchant (Interview) - Sep 04, 2011
- Music world mourns death of Jagjit Singh - Oct 10, 2011
Tags: bhushan kumar, goodwill ambassador, hariharan, inaugural edition, international entertainment, karan johar, legendary singer, leslie lewis, mcai, mukesh bhatt, music celebration, music entries, nagpal, om prakash, prakash mehra, prasoon joshi, shankar mahadevan, subramanium, usha uthup, wizcraft