Asha Bhosle launches ‘Dhakku makum’ at Lalbaugcha Raja (With Images)September 19th, 2012 - 5:11 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 19 (IANS) Legendary singer Asha Bhosle, who is making her acting debut with the movie “Mai”, launched a special song titled “Dhakku makum” from the film at the Lalbaugcha Raja here, where the Ganesh festival kickstarted Wednesday.
“Dhakka makum” is a euphoric number, and features 79-year-old Bhosle dancing in the rain.
The Ganesh idol at Lalbaug, known as Lalbaugcha Raja, one of the tallest in Mumbai, enjoys the premier status among all idols during the 10-day Ganeshotsav, which started Wednesday.
“It is my pleasure and honour to be giving one of the songs from my film ‘Mai’ to be played on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi. I hope everyone enjoys the song just as much I did filming for it,” said Bhosle.
The song, composed by Nithin R. Shankar, is sung by Amit Kumar and Bhosle’s granddaughter Zanai, who makes her singing debut with the number.
Shankar, who has also co-produced the movie, said: “It is indeed a divine blessing that I could produce my first film featuring and debuting Asha tai as ‘Mai’, and the film also marks her granddaughter Zanai’s singing debut.”
“Asha tai has sung a lullaby so sweetly and melodiously that it is appealing to all, and reminds one of their childhood lullabies,” he added.
“Mai” is a touching story of a present day mother-daughter relationship. Bhosle plays the mother, while Padmini Kolhapure is making her comeback to the big screen as the daughter.
Ram Kapoor has been cast to play Bhosle’s son-in-law, and Navin Kaushik will play her son.
“Mai” is co-produced by Subhash Dawar of Alliance Entertainment and Shankar under his banner Rhythm Divine Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
Directed by Mahesh Kodiyal, it will release Nov 23.
- Lata sings for Asha in 'Maaee' - May 28, 2011
- Asha Bhosle wishes for audience's love on birthday - Sep 06, 2012
- Asha Bhosle's granddaughter sings in 'Maaee' (Movie snippets) - May 15, 2011
- Shamir Tandon set to launch anti-piracy song - Apr 25, 2012
- Asha turns 78, to celebrate with family - Sep 08, 2011
- I knew I'll be able to act easily, says Asha Bhosle at 77 (Interview) - Mar 03, 2011
- Asha Bhosle enters Guinness World Records - Oct 21, 2011
- Asha Bhosle makes acting debut with 'Maaee' - Mar 02, 2011
- Asha Bhosle keeps grandsons away from today's films - Apr 19, 2012
- 'Dum Maro Dum' team wants Asha Bhosle for stage shows - Mar 29, 2011
Tags: alliance entertainment, amit kumar, dancing in the rain, dawar, dhakka, divine blessing, ganesh chaturthi, ganesh festival, ganeshotsav, granddaughter, kaushik, lalbaugcha raja, legendary singer, makum, mother daughter relationship, navin, padmini kolhapure, pvt ltd, r shankar, ram kapoor