Ash back in Bollywood screens after 18 monthsApril 1st, 2009 - 6:38 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was last seen in Hollywood film Pink Panther 2 which came to India but Ash wasn’t the lead actress in it. So how long will fans of her Bollywood films have to wait to see the beauty set the screen on fire again?
Ash had two releases in 2008: Jodhaa Akbar and Sarkar Raj. Both the films did well at the box office and Ash’s performance was appreciated in both. Jodhaa Akbar released in February while Sarkar Raj released in June 2008. Ash, who is currently in Delhi where she received India’s most prestigious awards premiere will return to Mumbai after some days to resume filming for Vipul Shah’s Action Replay.
But before that she was shooting with her hubby for Mani Ratnam’s Raavan which is set to release at the end of 2009 and is most likely going to be Ash’s next Hindi release after Sarkar Raj. The film also stars Abhishek Bachchan, Vikram, Govinda and Manisha Koirala. The film is a modern day re-telling of the Ramayana. Ash will play Sita, a contemporary accomplished Carnatic musician while Vikram is Rama and Abhishek is Raavan. Ash is also shooting for the Tamil version of the film, Ashokavanam, which will release at the same time as Raavan. Both the films have been shot in the interiors of South India.
After Raavan and Ashokavanam, Ash’s next release is Shankar’s sci-fi special-effects laden thriller Endhiran with Rajnikanth. The film has been shot in the exotic locales of Brazil and Goa in India. Ash will be seen in colorful costumes in this film. The plot of the film revolves around Ash and Rajnikanth. The twist in the story is that Rajnikanth invents a robot called Endhiran who also falls in love with Ash. The film will release on April 2010 and after that Vipul Shah’s Action Replay with Akshay Kumar is also on the pipeline. The release date of that film is not yet out. -Sampurn Media
- Over Rs.300 crore riding on Ash this year - Mar 23, 2010
- Aishwarya Invites Vipul Shah To Shoot Song With Akshay In London - Apr 29, 2010
- SRK And Family To Join The Premiere Of Raavan In London - Jun 14, 2010
- The Ash Clash Mani Ratnam and Vipul Shah Vie To Get In First - Apr 13, 2010
- Aishwarya cuts short Greece trip for Tamil 'Raavan' - May 08, 2010
- Abhishek proud to have worked with 'Amar, Akbar, Anthony' - Mar 07, 2011
- Filmmaking more challenging now: Sonu Sood - Jun 06, 2012
- Aamir skips 'Raavan' premiere for mother (Film Snippets) - Jun 16, 2010
- Will Abhishek be third time lucky with Mani Ratnam? - May 15, 2010
- Akshay, Ash vie for resurrection this Diwali with 'Action Replayy' (IANS Preview) - Nov 02, 2010
- London crowds throng as SRK joins Bachchans for 'Raavan' premiere - Jun 17, 2010
- "If I Had Cast Abhishek In The Tamil Version Of Raavan, I'd Have Still Been Shooting For The Film "- Mani Ratnam - Jun 16, 2010
- Ash breaks rule, pays Abhishek a surprise visit - Jun 13, 2010
- We bring Aishwarya's first full-on comedy: Vipul Shah - Apr 14, 2010
- Mani Ratnam chopped Abhishek's hair for 'Raavan' - Jun 02, 2010
Tags: abhishek bachchan, action replay, aishwarya rai, akshay kumar, bollywood films, carnatic musician, colorful costumes, govinda, hollywood film, jodhaa akbar, mani ratnam, manisha koirala, pink panther 2, prestigious awards, sarkar raj, sci fi, shankar, south india, tamil version, vipul shah