Ash ain’t giving up yetApril 23rd, 2009 - 7:58 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan might be all of 35 and is losing out on endorsement deals and positions to the likes of Kareena Kapoor and plastic actress gone lucky, Katrina Kaif, but she still is going strong in more ways that one.
Not just Ash, her contemporaries like Sushmita Sen, Rani Mukerji, Preity Zinta and Kajol too have been replaced by the likes of Kat, Bebo, Deepika Padukone, even Sonam Kapoor and Genelia D’Souza.
But Ash is doing better than her contemporaries. She may not be the face of Coca-Cola and Nakshatra diamond jewellery in India, but she still has successful and long-standing international endorsements.
She has completed nearly a decade of endorsing Swiss luxury watch brand Longines, international soap Lux and is the brand ambassador of global haircare brand L’Oreal since 2003.
And unlike Shilpa Shetty and Preity Zinta who have moved on to businesses like IPL with rich boyfriends, Ash still has some good movies like Maniratnam’s “Raavan’, Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s next with Hrithik Roshan, Vipul Shah’s “Action Replay’ with Akshay Kumar and a movie with Excel entertainment, probably one with Rajiv Menon as well. Hollywood top star Will Smith is still willing to work with her.
That very well makes clear the fact that the dame is here to stay put in the glitzy world of showbiz for a few more years.
The Kats, Bebos and Dipsys of the world be damned. -Sampurn Media
- Aishwarya Rai still rides high on international endorsements - Apr 21, 2009
- Seasoned faces give way to young celebs in ads - Apr 24, 2010
- Aishwarya And Kate Winslet To Shoot An Ad Together - Jul 13, 2010
- Bollywood's married actresses a hit in ad world - Dec 01, 2009
- L’Oreal: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Still Continues To Be Our Spokesperson! - Jan 11, 2011
- Ash, Sonam, Frieda set to dazzle on Cannes red carpet - Apr 22, 2011
- Who's likely to head to Cannes from B-Town? - Apr 07, 2012
- Sonam to walk Cannes red carpet (With Image) - May 14, 2012
- From model to motherhood - Aishwarya's fairytale journey (With Images) - Jun 25, 2011
- Aishwarya Rai still endorses L'Oreal - Jan 09, 2011
- Gerard Butler is new face of L'Oreal - Jul 31, 2010
- Freida's skin tone not altered, says L'Oreal - Sep 29, 2011
- Gerald Butler Becomes The L'Oreal Paris Men's Expert - Jul 31, 2010
- Look Like Sonam Kapoor With L'Oreal's New Aisha Collection - Jul 17, 2010
- Ash-Abhi to miss 'Raavan' screening at Venice fest - Aug 31, 2010
Tags: action replay, aishwarya rai, akshay kumar, bebo, bebos, deepika padukone, endorsement deals, genelia, genelia d souza, glitzy world, hrithik roshan, katrina kaif, l oreal, nakshatra diamond jewellery, preity zinta, rajiv menon, rani mukerji, sanjay leela bhansali, shilpa shetty, sonam kapoor