Arvind Kaushik creates history, shoots film in two hoursJuly 3rd, 2012 - 6:00 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, July 3 (IANS) Kannada director Arvind Kaushik created a record by wrapping up his film “Nam Areiali Innondhina” in just two hours here.
Produced by Anaji Nagaraj, the entire film and the two songs were shot by using two Red cameras and five Canon 5D cameras.
The music has been composed Arjun Janya and Prasad makes his debut as a choreographer with the film.
Talking about the project, the Kaushik, who directed films like “Nam Areali Ondhina” and “Tuglaq”, said though he had thought of making a film in a single shot, many of his friends had advised him that is is not a practical idea.
“But somehow I thought it could be a practical venture if we do proper home work on the table and each shot, framing could be worked out,” he added.
He said the project got into momentum after he met Nagaraj.
“In fact, I went to Anaji Nagaraj to discuss another project, which was almost finalised. Since it was raining that day, I just briefed the one line story of this film which was to be shot in just 120 minutes.
“Anaji Nagaraj had already done a film, which was shot in 18 hours, which had an actor like Shivaraj Kumar and many top artists. The film also had some eight directors each shooting different sequences of the script. But my attempt was to direct individually under my supervision.
“Anaji liked my idea and said he is prepared to back my project. And the rest is history. I worked on the script and chose a perfect location to shoot the film,” he said.
Kaushik informs that the whole script was designed and locations were selected to ensure that the entire shooting is completed within 120 minutes.
Kannada artists like Sathya, Patre Ajith, Ravi Shankar, and Chethan Chandra feature in the movie.
Roopika is only heroine in the film.
Artists like Kailash, Rishab, Ravi Teja and Chethan wil;l be seen in an important roles in the film.
- 'Nam Areali Ondhina' is whiff of fresh air! (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 24, 2010
- 'Rajadhani' a pleasant surprise for viewers (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 05, 2011
- Run of the mill "Jokali" fails to enthuse (Kannada Film Review) - Aug 15, 2010
- 'Bheema Theeradhalli' - far from true biopic (Kannada Movie Review) - Apr 07, 2012
- '18th Cross' - not worth the wait (Kannada Movie Review) - Aug 04, 2012
- Vinayaka Geleyara Galaga Is Still At Dubbing Room - Sep 09, 2010
- 'Dashamukha' - a different affair (Kannada Movie Review) - Apr 14, 2012
- Madalasa Sharma's Kannada Debut - Apr 26, 2010
- Kajal Agarwal To Debut In Kannada Films - Jul 17, 2010
- Kannada Gubbi Shows Disrespect For Old Songs! - Sep 17, 2010
- Shot in 18 hours, 'Sugreeva' is a winner (Kannada Film Review) - Feb 27, 2010
- Veera Bahu Completes Shooting - Oct 21, 2010
- Kannada fim 'Bete' sheer waste of time (Kannada film review) - Dec 25, 2011
- 'Rambo', a complete entertainer (Kannada Movie Review) - Sep 09, 2012
- 'Gubbi' - a complete entertainer (Kannada Movie Review) - Sep 26, 2010
Tags: arvind, canon 5d, chandra, chethan, choreographer, film artists, heroine, janya, kannada, kaushik, momentum, nam, prasad, ravi shankar, ravi teja, rest is history, rishab, sequences, single shot, two songs