Artists are not valued in our country: Kangna RanautMarch 17th, 2012 - 9:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 17 (IANS) Actress Kangna Ranaut rues the fact that artists are not valued and stardom often overshadows the real actors.
“I must admit that artists are not valued in this country and it’s not just actors, it also includes painters, dancers, classical singers. They are not even paid well,” Kangna said during the India Today Conclave 2012 here Saturday.
“I started my career with theatre and my Guru kept telling me if you want to live in poverty pursue theatre and if you want to have a happy life try something else,” she added.
The actress started her acting career at the age of 17 with Mahesh Bhatt’s 2006 film “Gangster” and in the matter of just six years has come a long way with films like “Life in a…Metro”, “Fashion”, and “Tanu Weds Manu”, among others. She even won a national award for her role in “Fashion”.
Kangna feels stardom often overshadows the real acting abilities.
“In Bollywood we have this funny concept of stars and actors. Sometimes your stardom really overpowers your acting abilities. It is very unfortunate but that’s the way it is.” she added.
- Kangana is never wrong! - Dec 07, 2011
- Kangana has her way with 'Tanu Weds Manu' - Dec 31, 2010
- Kangna follows Rekha, Smita's footsteps - Mar 19, 2012
- Paoli slated to do a Kangna? - Sep 15, 2010
- Comedy comes naturally to me: Kangana Ranaut (Interview) (With Images) - Jun 29, 2011
- I am very fond of Kangana: Madhavan - Feb 20, 2011
- My role in 'Game' is refreshing: Kangana Ranaut - Apr 02, 2011
- Madhavan denies smooching scene with Kangana (Movie Snippets) - Feb 17, 2011
- Kangna Ranaut Does Not Want To Play Second Fiddle In 'Krrish 2' - Jan 10, 2011
- Madhuri loved 'Tanu Weds Manu' - Feb 24, 2011
- Swara says she bonded very will with Kangana (With Image) - Feb 24, 2011
- Kangana danced on 'Kadi sadi gali' at sister's wedding - May 12, 2011
- Kangana Ranaut out of Deepa Mehta's 'Midnight's Children' - Sep 02, 2010
- Turkish Empire recreated on ramp - Feb 20, 2012
- I have become more disciplined in life, says Kangana - Oct 21, 2010
Tags: acting career, actress, bollywood, classical singers, dancers, gangster, guru, happy life, india today conclave, kangna ranaut, mahesh bhatt, manu, march 17, New Delhi, painters, poverty, real actors, six years, stardom, tanu