Artistes perform on music composer Hridaynath Mangeshkar’s birthdayOctober 27th, 2010 - 7:08 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Oct. 27 (ANI): Young musicians showcased their talents on the occasion of renowned composer Hridaynath Mangeshkar’s 73rd birthday here on Tuesday.
Mangeshkar has been the recipient of several awards, including the prestigious National Award, and has composed many songs in Hindi and Marathi languages.
Upcoming classical artistes such as Niladri Kumar, sitar player, and vocalist Ustaad Rashid Khan performed along with renowned Padma Vibhushan-winner (India’s second highest civilian honour), Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, on the occasion.
“This is a great platform for young artistes to perform on. I feel it opens the doors for the new generation who will create music in the future. It is a great feeling to perform in front of Bharat Ratna (India’s highest civilian honour) award winners, Lata Mangeshkar and Pandit Hridaynath Mangeshkar. I don’t think I could have asked for a better audience,” said Niladari Kumar.
The evening continued with musicians taking a trip down memory lane by performing songs composed by Hridaynath Mangeshkar.
His sisters, legendary singers Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle, along with Usha Mangeshkar and Meena Khadikar were also present on the occasion. (ANI)
- A R Rahman at GIMA: "My Dad Used To Look At Lata Mageshkar’s Photo Every ... - Dec 04, 2010
- Lata felicitated on father's death anniversary - Apr 25, 2011
- Lata to receive K.L. Saigal award - Nov 07, 2011
- Asha Bhosle unveils album, celebrates 77th birthday in Mumbai - Sep 08, 2010
- 21 music artists come together for new 'Vande Mataram' - Jan 25, 2012
- Lata at leisure loves watching 'KBC', 'CID' - Oct 22, 2010
- Sachin most deserving person for Bharat Ratna: Asha Bhosle - Nov 01, 2011
- Lata proud of brother Hridaynath - Sep 28, 2011
- Asha Bhosle, Gulzar named among 10 People of The Year - Jan 31, 2012
- Maharashtra's 'Lata Mangeshkar Award' for composer Anandji - Aug 30, 2012
- Bhupen Hazarika conferred Padma Vibhushan posthumously - Mar 22, 2012
- Big B to confer first Hridaynath Award on Lata - Sep 27, 2011
- Mehdi Hassan: end of golden era of ghazal (Obituary) - Jun 13, 2012
- Asha compares Ravi Shankar's looks to Tagore - Jan 31, 2012
- Lady Gaga loves the sitar: Fateh Ali Khan (With Images) - Jun 03, 2012
Tags: amjad ali khan, award winners, bharat ratna, honour award, legendary singers, marathi languages, meena, memory lane, music composer, new generation, padma vibhushan, pandit, prestigious national award, rashid khan, recipient, renowned composer, trip down, usha mangeshkar, vocalist, young musicians